Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing the house prices story at work today - up by 30% in Lambeth apparently!

I'm doing the house prices story at work today - up by 30% in Lambeth apparently!
A flat I agreed the sale of in December 2012* is back on the market 16 months later for 45% more. And I reckon it will get very close to it too.

*It was newly refurbished and sold for what was considered a high price back then.

I have actually, honestly just overheard some bloke with a posh accent in a meeting in a Brixton cafe say how he was thinking about serving up shared cocktails (presumably for some bar about to open up in the neighbourhood) in "police riot helmets.'

I kid you not. Riot cocktails. Maybe he'll move on to Death In Custody food platters next.

I have actually, honestly just overheard some bloke with a posh accent in a meeting in a Brixton cafe say how he was thinking about serving up shared cocktails (presumably for some bar about to open up in the neighbourhood) in "police riot helmets.'

I kid you not. Riot cocktails. Maybe he'll move on to Death In Custody food platters next.
Will this be on the Front Line?

A flat I agreed the sale of in December 2012* is back on the market 16 months later for 45% more. And I reckon it will get very close to it too.

*It was newly refurbished and sold for what was considered a high price back then.

A two-bed in Josephine Avenue, Brixton Hill, sold for £399,000 a year ago.

Without any obvious refurbishment, it is back on at £599,000. 50 per cent.

Madness.

The BBC online story quotes an estate agent who recently sold a flat in Balham for £100,000 more than the asking price. It's incredibly depressing.

You should get on to the manager and if he doesn't do anything complain to the licensing authority about badly behaved clientele there. And if that bears no fruit, I'll bring my wife's flowery shopping trolley and wear my most decrepit jumper and join you round there for a drink...and hope several others here do the same.

....I like the idea of an urban trolley meet up ??

Lets do it! count me in - my decrepit trolley is at the ready and I could wear my best (strangest?) hat!

Seriously as Smick said you should complain to the pub.

It must be nearly spring - woman wearing a bikini top walking down Brixton Road today.
Saw same woman last year in a bikini, just a bikini at 7am ish - thats how I knew it must be summer.
No body seemed to be paying too much attention - perhaps she needs a trolley if she really wants to get noticed.

If it's who I think it is she has mental health issues.

Possibly. In Brixton it is hard to tell.

I have actually, honestly just ovrheard some bloke with a posh accent in a meeting in a Brixton cafe say how he was thinking about serving up shared cocktails (presumably for some bar about to open up in the neighbourhood) in "police riot helmets.'

Riot themed drinks have been done to death over the years but I've never seen one in a helmet.

Not sure about your food platter idea, but Death in Custardy would be a novel desert.

Reminds me of a joke.

A nice chap invites his friends to a fancy dress party, and being a touchy feeling kind of guy he chooses "emotions" as the theme.
The first person turns up dressed head to toe in green with the letters N and V on his outfit "Ah, super. You must be green with envy!"
The next guest turns up in head to toe pink and covered in feathers "Oh how wonderful. You're tickled pink!"
Then he opens the door and two fellas are stood there stark bollock naked, one hiding his knob behind a piece of fruit and the other dangling his widgit in a bowl of yellow slop.
"Gentlemen, I think you may have the wrong house" he cries averting his gaze.
"Not at all" says one of the fellas "You see, I'm fucking dis custard and my mate here, well he's deep in dis pear.."

[Erm, I think this may have happened in Brixton once so is appropriate for this thread.]

On second thoughts, I'll get my coat.

If thats true what a wanker the geezer is. Maybe he could hire some local youths to petrol bomb the place and recreate that realistic back in the day vibe.

Update: I just noticed that the asking price is 25K more than I'd thought. A mere 52% in 16 months!

Riot themed drinks have been done to death over the years

Effragoldlabel.jpg

Some what out of date regarding the naming!

The 'Brixtonian' behind M+S used to mix a rum based cocktail in the early 90's called 'A riot in a glass'.

A two-bed in Josephine Avenue, Brixton Hill, sold for £399,000 a year ago.

Without any obvious refurbishment, it is back on at £599,000. 50 per cent.

Madness.
Six months or so ago I was seeing 2 bed flats around Brixton hill being advertised for £500,000 and thinking crikey - they would have been £300,000 or so just a couple of years back.

Now seeing one-bed flats around Brixton Hill being advertised for £500,000.

Six months or so ago I was seeing 2 bed flats around Brixton hill being advertised for £500,000 and thinking crikey - they would have been £300,000 or so just a couple of years back.

Now seeing one-bed flats around Brixton Hill being advertised for £500,000.

WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM?

Yep, super posho next door neighbour renters have just moved out and Mummy and Daddy have bought them a flat. Overheard them braying in the garden about it..

I came home via Brockwell Park and the smog was so bad I couldn't see the Shard at all.

It must be nearly spring - woman wearing a bikini top walking down Brixton Road today.
Saw same woman last year in a bikini, just a bikini at 7am ish - thats how I knew it must be summer.
No body seemed to be paying too much attention - perhaps she needs a trolley if she really wants to get noticed.

I think I know who you mean. If it is the same person, I think she's from the shelter opposite Tescos on Acre Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom