Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the diary. Does it work when you tag that many people? I didn't get a notification and I seem to remember the same thing happening before and someone saying it was something to do with only being able to tag a certain number or something? I may be wrong.

It's in the diary. Does it work when you tag that many people? I didn't get a notification and I seem to remember the same thing happening before and someone saying it was something to do with only being able to tag a certain number or something? I may be wrong.
No idea. I know in the olden days you couldn't PM more than 5 people at once to guard against spam.

Maybe editor or FridgeMagnet can advise?

You will note that we've not selected a pub that hasn't even opened for business yet, though. ;) :p

i listened to the voice of the people. They suggested an unopened pub - not my fault. :p

Anyway, I am the nagging voice behind the south-east London drinks and we have been to Sydenham, Anerley, Gypsy Hill and Crown Point so far.... probably the only regular urban outing asides from Offline at the mo. :p:p:p

I didn't get a notification either, other than an email alert for the thread (which i set up before my departure to the seaside to keep abreast of Brixton news and see if people were talking about me) which combined with using a voice notifier app on my phone, (i had taken the headphones off as they are not as in the ear as they claim to be), alerted the entire Peter Cushing Wetherspoons pub.

I was waiting for the official announcement before announcing my attendance at such a grand event. If everyone turns up i can see the place will be ramm. This could pose logistical problems for the two masters of the universe. No seriously, it is actually had work organising a piss up in a brewery not that i have actually ever done it.

:thumbs: to Onket and leanderman

ETA - When that Fishco thing was doing the rounds lots of people got spammed, sorry notified in batches.

Last edited:
I create the odd separate thread from time to time. I would create more but I think I've served my time, tbf.

I can see the parallels between Brixton and Whitstable just by a short exploratory venture onto the main drag but i have lost my bearings.
I guess i am here to lose my bearings, and mind a home and old feline friend.

There are no helicopters, there are no sirens, just silence, just me and an old cat that i have known for fifteen years who is now deaf according to it's owners but that old girl only ever listened to me. She was so pleased to see me, also again angry; where have you been. She was always my cat. Her name is Baba but i call her Naughty.

Last edited:
My stockpile of 'retro' orange bags is almost exhausted. Don't like the new ones
I'll swap you. I seem to have about 2yrs worth. Since my fat friends snapped four of my orange plastic 70s chairs they don't really tie in with anything :D.

Right then, thanks to some sterling work by leanderman, I can now proudly announce that the next 'Brixton News, Rumour and General Chat Thread Piss Up' is taking place on the evening of the 22nd May 2014 in the front room at the Effra Social.
best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom