Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Arsenal took a giant leap forward to the FA Cup final i felt it was important to have fifteen minutes on the basketball court, thus ameliorating the weight gaining effects of alcohol. Not for the first time in my life, i was struck by the beauty of the moon.

I call this one; "Almost full moon over Brixton basketball court."

IMAG0420.jpg

After Arsenal took a giant leap forward to the FA Cup final i felt it was important to have fifteen minutes on the basketball court, thus ameliorating the weight gaining effects of alcohol. Not for the first time in my life, i was struck by the beauty of the moon.

View attachment 52077

the coming full moon is going to be ( a bit) pink apparently....... http://www.snopes.com/science/astronomy/pinkmoon.asp

Last edited:
No. Really? I fear the Albert is going to end up with door staff sooner or later but I really don't like pubs with security lurking by the door.

I thought it was a condition of insurance of some places and they don't have a choice.

I don't like it either, and always brace myself for refused entry as I approach.

the coming full moon is going to be ( a bit) pink apparently....... http://www.snopes.com/science/astronomy/pinkmoon.asp

Pink Moon is also an album by Nick Drake, i will attempt to incorporate every track title in the correct order (which i will highlight in bold) in the following body of text;

I first became aware of the phenomenon of a Pink Moon by being avid reader of this thread. Brixton is the Place to Be for me. Brixton Road is always so lively. Which Will always be the case, the tooting of Horns, the hustle and bustle are just things Behind The Sun. I Know there are property Parasites looking for a Free Ride. The Harvest Breed they let loose is reminiscent of the dread i once felt that only came From The Morning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Moon#Track_listing

Last edited:
Here's a really rubbish pic taken on my phone as I walked home. I call it 'Moon over the Barrier Block' although it may as well be 'A few lights and a bigger light in a grainy, smudgy picture.'

View attachment 52104

My moon looks a bit wanky, oval mishaped but kind, yours looks threatening, focused, more beautiful even though it has a moustache. :hmm:

Last edited:

View attachment 52077

That's lovely. Homesick. I saw the same moon over Hong Kong a few hours earlier but I know where I'd rather be viewing it from.

I'm up for some basketball when I return to brixton btw. Gonna go play some now but nothing like brockwell park.

That's lovely. Homesick. I saw the same moon over Hong Kong a few hours earlier but I know where I'd rather be viewing it from.

I'm up for some basketball when I return to brixton btw. Gonna go play some now but nothing like brockwell park.

Challenge accepted.

Attachments

• Challenge-Accepted-Memes-HD-Wallpaper.jpg
    Challenge-Accepted-Memes-HD-Wallpaper.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
meet brixtons champagne entrepreneur...........(he's on page 4 below )

http://html5.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/default.aspx?pubname=Lambeth Weekender&pubid=b40ba9fe-3b76-4ae5-9b93-27185af5b59e

no shrinking violet, he's on " made in Brixton" too....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lasseaux
when people release online magazines using tools like that it reminds of early 90s attempts at online shopping, where websites made little make believe shopping malls you could go into to find shops.

Crispy the business name is the name on that application you and I were discussing last week- on that modern house
interesting the "Made in Brixton" concept is the brainchild of production company with the french name toujour......... surely just a coincidence :hmm:

Last edited:
I think it's bound to happen at some point unfortunately :( We popped into the Grosvenor last night and they had door staff as well. I can't think of many pubs that don't have them at the weekend now. Albert, Beehive and possibly the Craft Beer place and Kaff?
the door staff is a licence stipulation at the grosvenor, we go for the non invasive type, we had to send back an idiot once who'd turned up with handcuffs, billy club and all sorts of stupidity; probably watched too many starsky and hutch when young.

So I've just discovered that our side gate will no longer open because the council redid the pavement a few weeks ago (while we were on holiday) and it's higher than it was. The roofing guy who's here (hence why I needed to open the gate) reckons the council will have to fix our gate. Anyone know if that's the case?

So I've just discovered that our side gate will no longer open because the council redid the pavement a few weeks ago (while we were on holiday) and it's higher than it was. The roofing guy who's here (hence why I needed to open the gate) reckons the council will have to fix our gate. Anyone know if that's the case?
I don't know. You don't say how it is stopping the gate but sounds like maybe your gate used to open over the pavement, which they are not usually supposed to do. Gates should open over your own property. If it has been like that for ages you may have established a right of some sort. Proving it may be a pain. In any case, I'd be very cautious about inviting council contractors fix anything on my home!

I don't know. You don't say how it is stopping the gate but sounds like maybe your gate used to open over the pavement, which they are not usually supposed to do. Gates should open over your own property. If it has been like that for ages you may have established a right of some sort. Proving it may be a pain. In any case, I'd be very cautious about inviting council contractors fix anything on my home!

Yes, it opened outwards over the pavement. It was like that when we bought the house more than ten years ago. I have no faith in the council so will probably just get someone to cut a bit off the bottom (it's a wooden gate).

This is worth a visit. Really good artwork.

american-x-ben-turnbull-brixton-east-01.jpg

american-x-ben-turnbull-brixton-east-02.jpg

On until Friday: American History X art exhibition by Ben Turnbull, Brixton East

Old guy, Andy, is gone apart from occasional appearance when be's bored . Run by his son and daughter now. I think they're good. They seem to look after all sorts of styles.

Andy didn't hold with new-fangled ideas such as there being hairstyles that weren't a flat-top. :cool:

It might be fixable in just a couple of minutes with a rasp.... Just going for the easiest options.:)

Andy didn't hold with new-fangled ideas such as there being hairstyles that weren't a flat-top. :cool:

I remember going to a barbers with long hair in 1990 or so and asking for a crew cut - the guy didn't know what that was and had to ask his colleague who replied "it's a cross between a skinhead and a flat top" - which were the only two haircuts on the menu I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom