Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's two cafes with the same name I think, one deepest clapham of which I know nothing, one just the wrong side of king's ave to be acre lane - only a stone's throw into clapham surely?
One's at 36 Old Town, London SW4 - deep in Cla'am territory - and the other is on the wrong side of the Grand Union on Clapham Park Road.

One's at 36 Old Town, London SW4 - deep in Cla'am territory - and the other is on the wrong side of the Grand Union on Clapham Park Road.
second one

worth a short walk up acre lane - £5 for a full english with real coffee and an orange juice made from oranges behind the counter

The one on Acre Lane is called Fantasia 2 and I've often wondered if it's worth the walk. It's certainly going to take more than 5 mins. Might try it out next week though.

There are no edgy and vibrant locals... It's Herne Hill!

You mean apart from the people living in the social housing in the area, on Railton Road and Hurst Street in particular, and the recently closed strip of bars and clubs on Norwood Road? And lots of the BHC tenants? It's still got the 198 Gallery which is responsible for Hustlebucks as well as lots of YOT support work.

HH isn't just what you see at the White People's Sunday Market.

Escape Bar and its subsequent reworkings were Yummy Mummy during the day, but after 11 their clientèle changed a lot - which is why they eventually lost their licenses as they didn't control their door.

There are no edgy and vibrant locals... It's Herne Hill!

A particularly unwelcome development is the use of the Regent as a sort of early evening training ground for wannabe edgy and vibrant locals who need to hone their edginess and vibrancy before heading into the wilds of Brixton for the night. Twice recently I have had to tell off grown men for play fighting at the bar - I have not paid nearly four quid for my pint only to be drenched in it by idiots sans manners.

You mean apart from the people living in the social housing in the area, on Railton Road and Hurst Street in particular, and the recently closed strip of bars and clubs on Norwood Road? And lots of the BHC tenants? It's still got the 198 Gallery which is responsible for Hustlebucks as well as lots of YOT support work.

Escape Bar and its subsequent reworkings were Yummy Mummy during the day, but after 11 their clientèle changed a lot - which is why they eventually lost their licenses as they didn't control their door.
I was making a joke aimed at a couple of people on here that live in Herne Hill. :rolleyes:

Little bit defensive there and rather an assumption about people who live in social housing!

Haha, sorry I didn't see you there that afternoon, but then I was with the 'other' lot with their clouds of e-cigs, funny hats and tattoos.

You were obviously so intimidated by our edginess and vibrancy that you ran away* from us the other day. :D

*Obviously you didn't, as you have never met us and didn't know we were there.
What do you mean?! It was me adding some edginess, condescending to come over from South Brixton*. You must have chased me away with your strict door policies and members clubs...

*as Lambeth seem to have rather dubiously renamed Tulse Hill

A particularly unwelcome development is the use of the Regent as a sort of early evening training ground for wannabe edgy and vibrant locals who need to hone their edginess and vibrancy before heading into the wilds of Brixton for the night. Twice recently I have had to tell off grown men for play fighting at the bar - I have not paid nearly four quid for my pint only to be drenched in it by idiots sans manners.
I hope you used the phrase 'grown men' at some point during the telling off! :D

What do you mean?! It was me adding some edginess, condescending to come over from South Brixton*. You must have chased me away with your strict door policies and members clubs...

*as Lambeth seem to have rather dubiously renamed Tulse Hill

The council offices on Tulse Hill estate are called "South Brixton", at least they have been for as long as I've lived here.

on maps it's labelled 'foothills of crystal mountain' just north of the blank area with a dotted line with 'beyond here be monsters' written along it

Got my hair cut at The Barber Of Seville today - i like that place - they know what to do with my weird hair, they're not intimidating like a lot of hairdressers can be and they're not trendy wankers. Not bad fir prices either.
Then I went along to support the strikers at the Ritzy.
Lots of horns tooting in solidarity. :cool:

Got my hair cut at The Barber Of Seville today - i like that place - they know what to do with my weird hair, they're not intimidating like a lot of hairdressers can be and they're not trendy wankers. Not bad fir prices either.
Then I went along to support the strikers at the Ritzy.
Lots of horns tooting in solidarity. :cool:
Or tooting at your weird hair.
Had mine cut today at Haircut Sir?
£6

Old guy, Andy, is gone apart from occasional appearance when be's bored . Run by his son and daughter now. I think they're good. They seem to look after all sorts of styles.
Where is it? I have only encountered two decent barbers in my own part of town. One is a vile chauvinist and the other is one of those production line barbers that only really do clipper cuts.

Where is it? I have only encountered two decent barbers in my own part of town. One is a vile chauvinist and the other is one of those production line barbers that only really do clipper cuts.
Corner of brixton water lane and Tulse Hill. Opp Sainsburys. The guy is always changing his own style so he's definitely into the job!

glad to see the Ritzy staff demonstrating today, really sorry I couldn't get off the bus and show my support. The board said sorry the Ritzy is closed today. (can any post a pic - I can't do that)

Hope they win - otherwise I'll have to cancel my membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom