Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in there today. Top notch.

Where is this?

I still rate the Phoenix brekkie. It's not smaller, I don't think, but the price has gone up pretty much in line with house prices, i.e. a lot! They now advertise a cumberland sausage with it, so I had one after years of substituting it for something else. I immediately went back to substituting. A good sausage would really improve things.

I get what people say about the atmosphere having changed but it was full and buzzy when I was in last weekend.

Duck Egg is sadly a bit tastless - and expensive. And the coffee is pap. I ordered a poached duck egg and a poached hen egg together to see if I could tell the difference - but no.
Mind you, I liked the look of their chorizo brekkie special but did not notice it before I had ordered.

tiny_omelette_by_alliesminis-d3cjfa5.jpg

My omelette and chips at the Phoenix was very much smaller in size and very much bigger in price. And I don't want a fucking poncy saucer for my mug of tea.

:mad:
They have never given me a saucer, I don't think - though not sure it would register on my breakfast radar me so perhaps they did and I didn't notice. Maybe they were trying to make you feel special!

Really love the basketball court on my estate, started using it again in the past few days. Difficult to get time on it at the moment as i think the kids must be on school holiday. Anyway, i had about fifteen minutes to myself before i was challenged to a one on one by an eight year old. I accepted the challenge and for a few minutes he gave me the run around before tiring. I eventually beat him 5-3.

That's my home court and i don't like to lose on it.

Ah, they've added a description of the private members club to their website:

There's that word "secure" again. Weird.

I'm not sure I've ever tried an "after dark members only experience." I don't expect I ever will.

I remember when "after dark members only experience" used to mean a fetish club. Oh those were the days.

Who would want to buy furniture after dark, in a bar?

Ah, they've added a description of the private members club to their website:

There's that word "secure" again. Weird.

I'm not sure I've ever tried an "after dark members only experience." I don't expect I ever will.

"Secure" = being edgy and vibrant without having to mix with edgy and vibrant locals. :)

My omelette and chips at the Phoenix was very much smaller in size and very much bigger in price. And I don't want a fucking poncy saucer for my mug of tea.

:mad:

best cafe in brixton (well, arguably in brixton) currently has to be fantasia

I'm sure it's lovely, but it's not in Brixton at all - it's in deepest Clapham!

there's two cafes with the same name I think, one deepest clapham of which I know nothing, one just the wrong side of king's ave to be acre lane - only a stone's throw into clapham surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom