Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

Did anyone hear any more about The Market House?

Every time i walk by there seems to be some kind of activity in there, but it is still completely gutted inside.

Did anyone hear any more about The Market House?

Every time i walk by there seems to be some kind of activity in there, but it is still completely gutted inside.
Yes - it's going to be a fully fledged Indian restaurant downstairs, with the upstairs room being totally refurbed, with the bar swapping ends and a small stage/DJ area being built.

Walked past the Elm Park last night and they were open, about 8PM. Just outdoors. Walked past an hour and a half or so later and they were shut, although staff there. So not sure if properly open or a test.
Also walked past the Crown and Sceptre and it looked busy but not rammed - lots of outdoor space

I think the EPT is only allowed people outside up to a certain time as part of their license, so they are open earlier in the evenings. Don't know if it's every day but certainly weekends

I think the EPT is only allowed people outside up to a certain time as part of their license, so they are open earlier in the evenings. Don't know if it's every day but certainly weekends

Ahh that makes sense, thanks. If I hadn't been in a hurry, I would have tried to cadge a seat.

Walked past the Elm Park last night and they were open, about 8PM. Just outdoors. Walked past an hour and a half or so later and they were shut, although staff there. So not sure if properly open or a test.
Also walked past the Crown and Sceptre and it looked busy but not rammed - lots of outdoor space

Is the Crown and Sceptre all under cover?

Here's the first draft of our beer garden guide

I'd e grateful if people could tell me about any pubs I've missed - I just need to know if they're running bookings, how you can order beers, and anything else relevant. Thanks!

Today was not a good day to go for a coffee at San Marino. It's flipping freezing and the gale force winds are giving my phizog the peddledash treatment!

I guess the previous sign must have been a temporary solution - would imagine the lead time on the steelwork and neon is a few weeks at least.
Maybe they'll get something better than the pavement A-board soon as well.

The cafe I use in Grays Inn Road (Andrews Restaurant one of the last greasy spoons.) told me May 17th was when they could have people sitting inside. So I assume that goes for all cafes and restaurants.
I take it you think Andrews restaurant is worth a visit?
(It's near my work)

I take it you think Andrews restaurant is worth a visit?
(It's near my work)

Definitely imo. Run by friendly Kurdish family. Pre pandemic always full lunchtimes with office workers. Some ITN.

They have been struggling since pandemic.

Plus lost old place due to developer. Spent a lot on new place across the road.

Last edited:
I was at Eat of Eden at front of Brixton Village last Saturday as my partner is vegan and it was her birthday.

Been to it couple of times. My partner likes the food and so do I.

Vegan with influence of Caribbean food.

It was sunny Saturday so fine to be outside.

Back
Top Bottom