Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

What about sniffing meph behind the decks?

People take drugs discretely in pubs all over the country - with toilets usually being the preferred option -but expecting to be able to openly smoke an illegal drug in a pub's garden - and posting about it on social media - is utterly selfish and likely to lead to the pub being closed down for everyone. It's about showing respect to the landlord.

PS I haven't DJd the Albert for fucking years if that was your Big Killer Point.

I didn't realise that Soho House had already opened in Brixton - Soho Studio on Brighton Terrace. Although it was a Dirty Burger beforehand so perhaps not so surprising.

I didn't realise that Soho House had already opened in Brixton - Soho Studio on Brighton Terrace. Although it was a Dirty Burger beforehand so perhaps not so surprising.

Dirty Burger shut down a while ago too, if I remember rightly. Maybe 207 or 2018

The publisher, Secret Media Network, describes itself as a social media channel. They don't publish their editorial policy. If you want to know what it is, you're supposed to email Fever, the parent company.

From the gushing reviews - i think the policy is clear !

Here's the current list of fantasy times that the Albert is supposed to be open. They'd stopped serving at 10.45 last night.

• Monday
    12:00pm - 11:00pm (non existent) Kitchen closed
  • Tuesday
    12:00pm - 11:00pm Kitchen closed
  • Wednesday
    12:00pm - Midnight Kitchen closed
  • Thursday
  • Friday
    12:00pm - 1:00am Kitchen closed
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

Here's the current list of fantasy times that the Albert is supposed to be open. They'd stopped serving at 10.45 last night.

• Monday
    12:00pm - 11:00pm (non existent) Kitchen closed
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

I've never known a pub stop serving before time, unless there was an obvious reason like at the battle of Holloway Road. Maybe they're trying to send some of their clientele a message

Is it poetic justice that the Beehive is rendered unuseable tonight by hoards of leather-clad Morrisey fans from the Brixton Academy, who I assume "prefer their own race" as per their icon?

I know it's not happening in Brixton, but I wasn't sure where else to put this.
My lovely friend JoJo (she of Cook to Care) is organising a supper club on 10th November in E8, with the support of Chis Kaba's family, all proceeds go his partner and baby. Tickets £55 including two drinks and a 3 course plant based feast influenced by JoJo's Iranian and Greek roots.

Hoots was packed on Saturday, as was the Effra

hoots-brixton-october-02.jpg

1666187711088.png

Back
Top Bottom