Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

Hi everyone. Trying to help my friend find a tenant/s for her flat on Brixton Hill. It's a stunning, spacious, 2 bedroom, fully furnished, brand new build flat with superb views of Brixton Hill.
Private landlord. Available from 25th Nov 2012. Minimum term - 6 months.
Two good sized double bedrooms with built-in wardrobes, one with ensuite. Large, bright, open plan living room/kitchen/dining. Good sized bathroom with bath/shower. Small annex off living area which could sleep guest/s.
Excellent transport links. 10 minute walk to Brixton Tube Station. 15 minute walk to Herne Hill station (direct city line). Bus stop a minute away serving Central London, East London and Croydon.
Local Sainsburys on ground floor. 24/7 corner shop nearby. Brockwell Park is only a 5min walk away..
Rent is £1600 pcm for the property, not including utilies. Utilities are £210 pcm (gas, electric, water, council tax - phone/internet not included)
Full advert with photos are available on spareroom http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=2500026
and easyroommate http://uk.easyroommate.com/content/common/listingdetail.aspx?code=H121030131557740

Please message me directly on here or contact Julia through spareroom or easyroommate. Thanks...
£1600 each? nah!

anusw9 said:
Hi everyone. Trying to help my friend find a tenant/s for her flat on Brixton Hill. It's a stunning, spacious, 2 bedroom, fully furnished, brand new build flat with superb views of Brixton Hill.
Private landlord. Available from 25th Nov 2012. Minimum term - 6 months.
Two good sized double bedrooms with built-in wardrobes, one with ensuite. Large, bright, open plan living room/kitchen/dining. Good sized bathroom with bath/shower. Small annex off living area which could sleep guest/s.
Excellent transport links. 10 minute walk to Brixton Tube Station. 15 minute walk to Herne Hill station (direct city line). Bus stop a minute away serving Central London, East London and Croydon.
Local Sainsburys on ground floor. 24/7 corner shop nearby. Brockwell Park is only a 5min walk away..
Rent is £1600 pcm for the property, not including utilies. Utilities are £210 pcm (gas, electric, water, council tax - phone/internet not included)
Full advert with photos are available on spareroom http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=2500026
and easyroommate http://uk.easyroommate.com/content/common/listingdetail.aspx?code=H121030131557740

Please message me directly on here or contact Julia through spareroom or easyroommate. Thanks...

Can you give any context to 'stunning' please?

Stunning
1. Causing or capable of causing emotional shock or loss of consciousness.
2. Of a strikingly attractive appearance.

If someone came to see this expensive flat would they be shocked? Is it possible they may lose consciousness?

I'm afraid to say that £369/wk doesn't seem out of proportion for a good spec flat in the current market. Looks pretty large, in great condition, very light, views, ensuite, close to tube (although on a busy road - looks like it is the top floor one above Sainsburys). Really good two beds are going for over £400/wk because there is not much good stuff available. You can still pick one up for around £300/wk but you need to be either really lucky or put up with something not very well maintained and small.

Definitely a dreadful choice of username though.

No garden, and look at the tiny size of the second bedroom!

This sort of place was going for about £1400 at the start of the year - now it's £1600. That's what's happening around here.

I really hope our landlord doesnt decide to give us notice anytime soon. We wouldn't be able to afford to stay in Brixton at those prices :(

You should be alright where you are **** hardly ever puts the rent up. Only once in the time I lived there. I don't reckon they'll sell anytime soon either :)

There was a beautiful 2 bed flat in Rushcroft Road going recently. I reckon it's a little bigger than the one above and it's in a much better location if you ask me. It has a better kitchen but only one bathroom. And I don't suppose it has much of a view. They were asking 1500 a month.

There was a beautiful 2 bed flat in Rushcroft Road going recently. I reckon it's a little bigger than the one above and it's in a much better location if you ask me. It has a better kitchen but only one bathroom. And I don't suppose it has much of a view. They were asking 1500 a month.

Thats cheap for rushcroft these days. I know of one that was going for 2200 per month. It was a 2 bed but let as a three bed with no lounge :/

Yeah I know, that's why I said 'studio'. And when I said 'pay',
I meant the state, not me. :D
They wouldn't pay that much for a houseshare - all you get is £85 a week. Does anyone know of any flatshares that cost £340 a month HB? No? Thought so. :mad:

Looking for a room or studio flat in Brixton or nearby urgently, preferably to move in this side of Christmas.

Looking for a room or studio flat in Brixton or nearby urgently, preferably to move in this side of Christmas.
There was one in the window of Brixton Wholefoods a day or two ago. I'll have a look tomorrow to see if it's still there, if you want...

i lived in a room in brixton for about 280 a month in about 2004. what's the price now?

did someone on here also say their brixton flat has gone up 180k in 8 years?

mental.

i lived in a room in brixton for about 280 a month in about 2004. what's the price now?

did someone on here also say their brixton flat has gone up 180k in 8 years?

mental.
I paid about £180/£200 in 1997. £500 or £600 in a shared house seems normal now. Some two beds are £1500+ a month now... :(

Does anyone know of any reasonable priced rooms going in the New Year in the Brixton/Brixton-ish area? Not sure I really want to stay where I am so looking for somewhere new.

Back
Top Bottom