Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

I am currently living in Brixton Hill, right in the residential area right next to the prison. I love it. I love my flat! I love my big double room, this will be my third Christmas now.
My problem is that the relationship I have with my flatmate has quickly deterioarated for some time now. I am on the lookout for somewhere in the same area, would love a flatshare.
The last 3 years I have spent trying to placate my sociopathic flatmate so I am really looking to move out, but not out of the area. I am originally born and bred from Camberwell, but I actually really love Brixton so I want to stay and possibly make some new friends that don't make me grind my teeth in frustration!

Posting on behalf of a friend on her way over from germany soon...

PM if any of you lot know of anything going :)

Hello!
I am a 25-year old student of conservation from Dresden, Germany, and will spend six months in London to do an internship (I should arrive beginning of february).
Therefore I am currently looking for a room, preferably in a flat with nice, sympathic flatmates. As I will be working 9-5 I guess I will be very busy especially in the beginning. Nevertheless, it would be great if could find a flat where people once in a while do spend some time together, cooking, having a glass of wine, etc.
Also, it should be possible to reach South Kensington underground station (SW7) in about one hour and I can spend max. 100 pound pw.
If you have an idea how I could find such a place or where to stay in the beginning, please let me know.

My GF's moving out of her place and into mine, and I've agreed to help the landlady find a new tenant. Here's the ad on Spare Room. It's in West Dulwich and is a really nice, big room. No shared sitting room, however, and she'd much prefer a Monday-Friday let. £550pcm inc. all bills and a cleaner (not real urbans!)

My GF's moving out of her place and into mine, and I've agreed to help the landlady find a new tenant. Here's the ad on Spare Room. It's in West Dulwich and is a really nice, big room. No shared sitting room, however, and she'd much prefer a Monday-Friday let. £550pcm inc. all bills and a cleaner (not real urbans!)
scifisam hey that relationship is going well then :cool:

urgh, browsing for flats is depressing. Still, whenever someone says 'we live near the vibrant Brixton market' I can take the warning.

Dunno, I've only ever lived with mates or on my own! :D where are you looking?
Kind of Brixton to Peckham end of things, I've been in the area for a little while and want to stay now. I have a pretty decent place already, but it is expensive and dull so I'm thinking of pastures new.

S
Kind of Brixton to Peckham end of things, I've been in the area for a little while and want to stay now. I have a pretty decent place already, but it is expensive and dull so I'm thinking of pastures new.
i meant what websites sorry :D I am looking Brixton to Waterloo...

S
i meant what websites sorry :D I am looking Brixton to Waterloo...
haha sorry! Spareroom and moveflat at the minute. I've had good experiences with Spareroom but you do kind of need to pay. Though I did see your babysitting one on spareroom as well!

My friend's son is looking for a cheapish room in the Brixton area. He's an affable 22 year old musician. Any offers considered.

A mate of mine is looking for a room. Budget around 500/600 quid pcm. If anyone knows of any rooms going drop me a pm :)

On the hunt again. :( have to move Tuesday as building is 'unsafe' looking for anything really, short term is fine as well.

saw a sign in the dry cleaners on brixton road opposite Jamm advertising a furnished room to rent in their window

I might do from September 8th if that helps?

The owner is selling the flat from 11th August and wants me out. Since I told her to go get a proper job rather than buying and selling property and stocks, I doubt she'll extend it. So, sorry, I need somewhere before September.

Back
Top Bottom