Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came out of Plan B at 5am on Sunday morning and they were working on the road opposite the Tube. Come by this afternoon and it STILL isn't finished!! How much longer is it going to take them???

There seems to be a Very Small Funfair set up in front of the Library. It consists of two very small merry-go-round type things and a burger van. It looked like they were setting up a microphone as well. What's that all about then?

There seems to be a Very Small Funfair set up in front of the Library. It consists of two very small merry-go-round type things and a burger van. It looked like they were setting up a microphone as well. What's that all about then?

Gary Glitter's cum-back tour? :p

About half an hour ago a Winterval opentop bus and lorry went down brixton hill.

They seemed very happy and jolly.

Oi! None of your "political correctness gone mad jokes" around here :mad:

That was the official Christmas all over Lambeth lights switch on bus on its way back from Streatham - the last of six town centre stops.

The Brixton festivities were earlier in the evening outside the Library. Santa arrived with the Mayor on time at 5.30.

A big heads up to the teachers and kids of Hillmead Primary for turning out with drummers, choir and guitar ensemble at ridiculously short notice when the council suddenly realised about three weeks ago it needed to do something about the Christmas Lights switch on.

Edited to add: And another big heads up to Vauxhall City Farm for Santa's farmyard truck (though I don't know how that enormous fibreglass cow would have coped with getting down chimneys!)

I got there near the end as the kids' cute chanting switched from "thank you mayor" "thank you elves" and "thank you Santa" to "please save our building" :D

I got there near the end as the kids' cute chanting switched from "thank you mayor" "thank you elves" and "thank you Santa" to "please save our building" :D

Yes, the MC went "off message". :D

It says a lot for the lack of political nous of people involved with some of those projects that only now - nine months after the chaos of the LDA's management of Cowley Studios were brought to light by the Lee Jasper affair in the Standard - that they are starting to lobby anyone :rolleyes:

spent an hour in the freezing cold waiting for 'santa' with my four year old. He was a bit of a sad sight, and totally uncommunicative. I would be scared of the thought of him coming into my bedroom Xmas morning. I feel a bit let down for my daughter who wanted to know why Father Xmas did not sing or shake her hand. When we got home she said - what was father Xmas doing (I think she meant what was the point of that). I think I will tell he that Father Xmas was busy and sent a rather inexperienced helper!!
Loved the bus but what was the cow thing all a about!!?

Came out of Plan B at 5am on Sunday morning and they were working on the road opposite the Tube. Come by this afternoon and it STILL isn't finished!! How much longer is it going to take them???

Looooool you go to plan b!

What's the full story that connects the kids to the LDA Building? Is it the dance organisation?

Where is Baan Thai, and what like is it? Apparently it's on Coldharbour Lane but I've never noticed it. Is it further down?

Where is Baan Thai, and what like is it? Apparently it's on Coldharbour Lane but I've never noticed it. Is it further down?

On way to hospital I think :confused:

Although I could just be thinking of the Vietnamese place whose name I can't remember (Cinnamon Tree, Lemon Tree?)

What hospital?

Kings? That's bloody miles away and doesn't count as Brixton.

I've been duped.

Why's that funny?

I just went down to see Basement Jaxx for my flatmates birthday.

I used to like Plan B, about 4 or 5 years ago.

Then it went all shiny Clapham people and crap RnB masquerading as "hip-hop".

Or maybe I got old or something.

Baan Thai's pretty much next to the chicken shop near to the Dogstar (Chicken Cottage?)

It's pretty rubbish fwiw - lots of pastes and too much sugar. The Thai food in the Hootahob's better and cheaper if anything, particularly the curries.

What hospital?

Kings? That's bloody miles away and doesn't count as Brixton.

I've been duped.

Well don't worry, I was wrong anyway :D

Well that Vietnamese place is near to the hospital :p

Here's the Barn Thai Jazz Restaurant. That's not in Brixton either :p

DSCF1249-1.jpg

Is that Vietnamese place still open (something to do with a tree iirc)

I was tempted, until that CharlieAddict slagged the place off. I'd trust his word fwiw

Is that Vietnamese place still open (something to do with a tree iirc)

I was tempted, until that CharlieAddict slagged the place off. I'd trust his word fwiw

I'm sure it's the Cinnamon, Lemon or Lime tree, but it could be something totally different like Mango or Papaya :D

I used to like Plan B, about 4 or 5 years ago.

Then it went all shiny Clapham people and crap RnB masquerading as "hip-hop".

Or maybe I got old or something.

Aye, but I don't get a choice of whether or not to go if it's a mates birthday. Snobbery goes out the window for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom