Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baan Thai's pretty much next to the chicken shop near to the Dogstar (Chicken Cottage?)

It's pretty rubbish fwiw - lots of pastes and too much sugar. The Thai food in the Hootahob's better and cheaper if anything, particularly the curries.

I like sugar.

It's not my choice so if it turns out to be rubbish I can say so and make them feel bad.

Heh. Ach, it's edible enough, just a little disappointing. The fact that it used to serve a dual Indian/Thai menu was a little indicative really.

It's not horrific by any means, more that it's more of a generic than authentic Thai experience.

Yep it was sweet. To be fair I did order duck in tamarind sauce. Nothing special at all.

There was however an interesting arugment. Some woman wanting a discount and the manager threatening to call the police when she was then refusing to pay at all.

Apparently some drunk guy had come in and sat down with her and her friend. They were chatting like they knew each other but then he was getting a bit abusive and she asked the staff to get rid of him then claimed they'd ruined their night by not throwing him out in the first place. She paid with a bit of discount in the end.

I used to like Plan B, about 4 or 5 years ago.

Then it went all shiny Clapham people and crap RnB masquerading as "hip-hop".

Or maybe I got old or something.

I don't think it's particularly shiny Clapham, it's just shit. And full of weird blokes :p

spent an hour in the freezing cold waiting for 'santa' with my four year old. He was a bit of a sad sight, and totally uncommunicative. I would be scared of the thought of him coming into my bedroom Xmas morning. I feel a bit let down for my daughter who wanted to know why Father Xmas did not sing or shake her hand. When we got home she said - what was father Xmas doing (I think she meant what was the point of that). I think I will tell he that Father Xmas was busy and sent a rather inexperienced helper!!
Loved the bus but what was the cow thing all a about!!?

I had planned to go with my two year old but came past on the bus around 4.30pm and thought it might not be worth the bother. Glad we didn't now!

I had planned to go with my two year old but came past on the bus around 4.30pm and thought it might not be worth the bother. Glad we didn't now!

Perhaps you can take your two year old to New Forest Lapland instead.

I just walked up to Tesco, held up the queue while I had a long discussion with the cashier about the buy one get one free offer on Pizza, got a refund on my Pizza and walked home....

....only to discover I had a Lego man head lodged in the top of my hat. :oops:

I might make a special trip to Tesco tonight just to see if they're all talking about you!

It's the one on Tulse Hill..but if you are after the buy one get one free offer on pizza you are too late! It was supposed to end on Tuesday and they've taken the signs down now.

(if they are talking about me let me know and I'll avoid the place for a while...like I did with the one in Acre lane after 'the child falling out trolley and complaining he was paralysed' incident. They really should train their first aiders not to ask children leading questions)

I just walked up to Tesco, held up the queue while I had a long discussion with the cashier about the buy one get one free offer on Pizza, got a refund on my Pizza and walked home....

....only to discover I had a Lego man head lodged in the top of my hat. :oops:

lol! Best post in ages :D

It's the one on Tulse Hill..but if you are after the buy one get one free offer on pizza you are too late! It was supposed to end on Tuesday and they've taken the signs down now.

(if they are talking about me let me know and I'll avoid the place for a while...like I did with the one in Acre lane after 'the child falling out trolley and complaining he was paralysed' incident. They really should train their first aiders not to ask children leading questions)

I accidentally started a mini-riot in there this week over the 3 bottles of wine for a tenner promotions... - all the promotional bottles had gone, so they filled the shelf with more expensive bottles but didn't take the "3 bottles for a tenner" sign down and then went to charge me more at the till - the woman next to me joined in the fight and even one of their own members of staff was backing me up....:oops: :D

I accidentally started a mini-riot in there this week over the 3 bottles of wine for a tenner promotions... - all the promotional bottles had gone, so they filled the shelf with more expensive bottles but didn't take the "3 bottles for a tenner" sign down and then went to charge me more at the till - the woman next to me joined in the fight and even one of their own members of staff was backing me up....:oops: :D

Nice one. I'm positive that if that's the price they displayed, they have to sell it to you for that.

My sister got a really expensive sofa years ago half price at John Lewis/Selfridges/can't remember which, because they'd put the wrong price on the wrong model.

Nice one. I'm positive that if that's the price they displayed, they have to sell it to you for that.

Unfortunately not the case. Legally the price ticket is called an "offer to treat". They can change their mind at the till and not be in breach of contract.

Unfortunately not the case. Legally the price ticket is called an "offer to treat". They can change their mind at the till and not be in breach of contract.

Oh well, they obviously offered to treat my sister to a half-price sofa :D

I thought there was a difference between something on a £5 rack and something with an individual price on it.

i had an unusually good shopping experience in Brixton yesterday. Di the office supplies thing in Poundland for eight quid and then had to get a bottle of champagne and Tesco were doing loads of it at half price so I got a very respectable brand in a good looking bottle for £13.

I was quite enjoying them when I realised I could see them. I can't see the Brockwell park official ones from here.

10.30pm on a saturday night isn't exactly the best of times for a lot of people is it? I've been ready for bed for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom