Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oregano - Wood fired pizzas" setting up shop in the parade at the bottom of Tulse Hill - opp Carpet Right. Hope it's good pizza rather than a fried chicken shop in disguise - would be useful!

Are they something to do with Brazas?

nope - i think they're the former sandwich shop people - there was a sign up in the sandwich shop saying "closed for refurbishment" the last few days. Brazas have taken over the shop next to theirs (currently Sonnys) and will be doing something with that - possibly a bakery.

That parade is due a refurb. Some good new businesses opening up.

I hope haircut sir stays (although I've never had my haircut there!).

It's a good spot.

Brazas has helped others to see some potential there, methinks.

That parade is due a refurb. Some good new businesses opening up.

I hope haircut sir stays (although I've never had my haircut there!).

It's a good spot.

Brazas has helped others to see some potential there, methinks.

Gaijinboy has had a few haircuts there but now goes down to the one by the Academy. I think the guy in Haircut Sir has some strong political feelings that gb found a bit objectionable - at least whilst the guy is wielding his scissors you don't want to get into that kind of argument... :D

It does seem to be getting better that parade - hurrah! Shame that the post office is no longer there but that's hoping for too much.

"Oregano - Wood fired pizzas" setting up shop in the parade at the bottom of Tulse Hill - opp Carpet Right. Hope it's good pizza rather than a fried chicken shop in disguise - would be useful!

Saw that sign outside. Nice pizza would be excellent news. The 'parade' has almost all good food groups.

Can't see how the carpet place stays open?

carpet right... not Curry's. Curry's is useful and much improved recently!

Have only been in Currys once. Seems to be a more useful addition to the area than the carpet place. The carpet place is a big place though, if it changed hands it would probably be something crap. I doubt we will see a nice big garden centre or whatever if the carpets go.

Have only been in Currys once. Seems to be a more useful addition to the area than the carpet place. The carpet place is a big place though, if it changed hands it would probably be something crap. I doubt we will see a nice big garden centre or whatever if the carpets go.

I don't particularly want either to go!!

You regularly shop for carpets?

:D

no - but I don't want any shop I don't regularly shop at to close down... :eek:

Obviously if Carpet Right were replaced by something more useful to me that'd be great but the main thing is that all the empty shops in that parade get filled up - not that things start closing down!!

eta - there was no question of Carpet Right or Currys closing down - I was joking with Miss Shelf (see up there!).. it's like Chinese Whispers round here!

It's inocuous though, innit.

I think I've only been in Carpetright once in the last umpteen years, but apart from the red blockiness of the awful design, it doesn't exactly clog up the area with its customers or parking.

Occasionally they half heartedly stick out a few baloons and sale signs, but you could almost fail to notice that it's there. It'd be daft to see it replaced by something bringing more traffic and hold ups to an already often clogged road

:D I dunno, I think I might like to see that.

The shop that sells all fried foods does good chips, but not sure about fish, I mostly get just chips when I'm pissed.

Actually I don't mind them in there for fish and chips.

If you can get them fresh from the fryer, they're actually pretty creditable. Proper chunky chips at least, even if they can get rubbery if left for too long

Bizarrely their piri piri is tastier than Brazas too. Nice people to boot

They are lovely, and always chirpy no matter how long they've been working :)

Can't remember the name of their shop though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom