Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively, the discrete drinker's corner which was taken away as part of this "improvement" could potentially be rehoused on that nice bit of concrete right there

Was there a plan for what to do with it? I remember reading, via here I imagine, about the reasons that led to it and the negotiations involved, and thinking it sounded like a genuine community (as opposed to the police, council etc) discussion and compromise: refreshing. They haven't just blithely gone ahead and completely ditched it have they?

Being new in school, I need some pointers. Specifically alternative names. I'm guessing Brixtaaan is Ok as an affectionate alternative? Is 'Bricky' ever used?

I assume 'Brixters', whilst wearing a university scarf, is probably unacceptable.

(I've found my lunchtime haunt btw - Paulo'z way. Zzz very good. Haphazard but vry good)

Being new in school, I need some pointers. Specifically alternative names. I'm guessing Brixtaaan is Ok as an affectionate alternative? Is 'Bricky' ever used?

I assume 'Brixters', whilst wearing a university scarf, is probably unacceptable.

(I've found my lunchtime haunt btw - Paulo'z way. Zzz very good. Haphazard but vry good)

Just say Brixton :mad:

You may refer to the surrounding parishes as you will, though. Preferably, with a derogatory tone.

Heh...

Most the people I work with are in the City or Surrey/Putney kinda areas. They are fascinated by the Brixton thing. I tend to lay it on thick (stab vests etc) just to keep them away :)

Never heard it be called anything but Brixton by the natives though. Works fine.

No No No. Brixton actually sounds harsh enough depending on how you accentuate it.

have you tried Spoon deli round the corner on New Park Road yet?

None of these work. I want to frighten people. Make my friends think I'm living in South Central. Drive by shootings at the M&S.

"It's like a warzone"

(c) Down the Line, Radio 4

I just drop it in casually, like in the kitchen in the office: "Oh, you get the train from Ashford?. I come in on the tube from Brixton" You can see their eyes widen as they look for the exit.

No No No. Brixton actually sounds harsh enough depending on how you accentuate it.

have you tried Spoon deli round the corner on New Park Road yet?

Ooh. NPR seems to be a land of wonder. I had it marked on the map as "probably dragons". Must explore some more.

PS Plz post whenever there's a free night at the Windmill (bastards! No windmill, nor any foam-based childrens TV icon!). Am cheapskate, but local.

Ooh. NPR seems to be a land of wonder. I had it marked on the map as "probably dragons". Must explore some more.

PS Plz post whenever there's a free night at the Windmill (bastards! No windmill, nor any foam-based childrens TV icon!). Am cheapskate, but local.

You missed Errol Linton on Sunday which I posted up here. Next one is Sun 21st with a pretty good country band but if there's anything that really grabs your fancy and you're skint drop me a PM (since you're local;))

You missed Errol Linton on Sunday which I posted up here. Next one is Sun 21st with a pretty good country band but if there's anything that really grabs your fancy and you're skint drop me a PM (since you're local;))

You sir, are a sir. Will do. :)

There is actually a windmill there.

windmill1400.jpg

Was there a plan for what to do with it? I remember reading, via here I imagine, about the reasons that led to it and the negotiations involved, and thinking it sounded like a genuine community (as opposed to the police, council etc) discussion and compromise: refreshing. They haven't just blithely gone ahead and completely ditched it have they?

I don't think so - it's a shame - it really did seem, for once as you say, like a genuine compromise that was working well as far as I could see. Unless you knew it was there, you probably wouldn't notice it - it was so discrete.

Took a picture of Iroko the other day :D

It looks even weirder when you see it next to the telegraph which is boarded up to the hilt.

By the way, I saw lights on at the Southside last night. was driving so didn't have a good look but no one was in though it was early-sh like around 10pm

It looks even weirder when you see it next to the telegraph which is boarded up to the hilt.

By the way, I saw lights on at the Southside last night. was driving so didn't have a good look but no one was in though it was early-sh like around 10pm

Was open last weekend s well.

Probably no one in 'cos they're not aware it's open :D

They don't even have a website. At least Iroko had a website, even if it was diabolically crap :D

i'd imagine so, considering paulo'z is on it

Not necessarily

paolo999 said:
The Urban vortex has swirled, and I've been caught.

It's all new to me.

Living just near Paulo'z way. That's me. That's me! Well, sort of.

paolo999 said:
What's NPR?

I'm new here and, umm, a bit shit.

teuchter said:
New Park Road

paolo999 said:
gets map out

paolo999 said:
Oh ok.

got it.

paolo999 said:
You've clearly not noted the "am a bit shit" part.

AM

A BIT

SHIT

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom