Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
brixtonvilla said:
Oh and if a (black) Mancunian guy stops you & asks for help 'cause he's driven 200 miles, keep walking. He's tried to tap me twice now with the same story. He could be really unlucky, I suppose...

He tried the same story on me about a month ago...!
:D

zuszsa said:
This morning I saw the guy who always says ' can I ask you a favour' and I thought he was looking very smart and tidy. That got me to wondering where Mr 5p was. I've not seen him for ages...

Haven't seen or heard him in ages either. Last time i saw him he was smoking crack in a doorway in Saltoun Road couple of months ago! Maybe he's collected enough 5p's now!....bless him :rolleyes:

The era of mass pizza popularity - like leg warmers, fluorescent mismatched socks and betamax - has gone. Let it go IanW...

It's Brixton. Where people value more than poncified cheese on toast.

:p

tarannau said:
The era of mass pizza popularity - like leg warmers, fluorescent mismatched socks and betamax - has gone. Let it go IanW...

Twisted won't be happy

I'd love a slice of cheese on toast :(

tarannau said:

be quiet, the pizza might hear you :(

Minnie_the_Minx said:
I'd love a slice of cheese on toast :(

How's the breadshopping these days?

Oh..real chitchat...i hear the people in the convenince stores on NPR engage in chitter chatter these days. Go Sainsburys! (except for fruit and veg)

They're doing a *really* nice job of sorting out the Dogstar right now. The interior looks way better than before and they're actually spending a few quid on the place.

They're also going to put in separate stairs so that the top two floors can be run as an independent venue.

I went in to the Dogstar a few weekends ago, on a Saturday daytime, and it was actually really pleasant. No blaring music, no loud TV, just fairly chilled.

they're doing a really unimpressive job of doing up the George IV right now.

I initially thought that we putting a lot of money into it, but it all looks very superficial

tarannau said:
I went in to the Dogstar a few weekends ago, on a Saturday daytime, and it was actually really pleasant. No blaring music, no loud TV, just fairly chilled.

I went last Fri night for a Burrito before the cinema, was a lot nicer than I remember it a few years ago :)

The Burrito was gorgeous too!

tarannau said:

Yes, because no one eats pizza nowadays do they? That'll be why Strada and Pizza Express are doing so badly...:p

I was merely making an observation, by the way. As if I'll ever be able to go out for pizza ever again...!

Dubversion said:

It's true. I'm only moving up the hill, but it is a big hill, and a bloody steep one at that, so I'm feeling quite sad, (gutted even) to be leaving Brixton.

I really don't want to go, but ground floor living with balcony luxury has tempted me away.

If there was a way to stay in Brixton, and improve my living situation, I would.
I bet I'll be back on the swap scheme, as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom