Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
editor said:
What does the old building look like? I don't think I've ever seen it.
That's round the corner from my old flat. I can't remember it being a particularly remarkable building.

Crispy said:
That's round the corner from my old flat. I can't remember it being a particularly remarkable building.
What's the odds on the old building still being more remarkable than what's going to go up in its place?

There's a dribbling mentally disturbed lunatic staggering from one web-cafe to another with some coins, muttering something about "scrotes", last seen in Al's webcafe trying to blag a free coffee.

Mrs Magpie said:
If it was at about 7:30 am he's a mate and he's safe (in all senses of the word).

Nah, I was just taking a shot in the dark. I don't think I've ever not see a Jesus army shouty at the tube entrance.

I popped into the Z Bar a couple of nights ago and it's looking very nice - very sumptuous.

I was there for an art launch and was impressed how friendly everyone was - the owner was a nice bloke too.

No idea what it's like on a regular night. Anyone been recently?

New street lights have been installed in Electric Avenue. They are very high. They haven't been turned on yet, for which I am grateful, as the light is now right outside my bedroom window :mad:

editor said:
I popped into the Z Bar a couple of nights ago and it's looking very nice - very sumptuous.

I was there for an art launch and was impressed how friendly everyone was - the owner was a nice bloke too.

No idea what it's like on a regular night. Anyone been recently?

Is Gordon Mac, once Kiss FM's head honcho from pirate days, still the owner?

Lick Fingers recently tarted up their shop and it looks great! I'm really impressed with how they've done this.. started off basically selling food out of a bit of a bomb site - got really popular, made money and gradually tarted it up! Now just need someone to do something nice with the Two Woodcocks and reopen the PO! :)

zuszsa said:
New street lights have been installed in Electric Avenue. They are very high. They haven't been turned on yet, for which I am grateful, as the light is now right outside my bedroom window :mad:

are they part of Lambeth's new street lighting, or just the same old crap ones?

Will Lambeth ever install ones that don't cause light pollution and are able to work with street cameras IFKWIM?

editor said:
Indeed he is!

Nice bloke isn't he? I always want to ask him what he thinks of Kiss these days, but after he decline of the station post-EMAP and the way he was cut out, I suspect it would be a sore point. And with good reason too.

ianw said:
Negril is great. Deserves a thread of its own really, but they've really turned the place around.
:cool:

Went in there for the 1st time last week and was well impressed. Food was delicious and v reasonably priced :cool: :)

ianw said:
Negril is great. Deserves a thread of its own really, but they've really turned the place around.

It's certainly picked up since it opened. I've not tried it yet though.

I was slightly put off when walking past one day, the guy doing the barbecue said he was going to jerk me :oops:

Orang Utan said:
A large African lady came up to me this morning and told me she loved me

But does she love you with the help of JESUS?** :D

Double bonus, if so! :p

**he only time anything like this happened to me, it was definitely some very thinly disguised Jesus-spiel ...

She didn't mention Jesus, but I'd imagine so - I may have a certain animal magnetism but it's not that potent

This morning I saw the guy who always says ' can I ask you a favour' and I thought he was looking very smart and tidy. That got me to wondering where Mr 5p was. I've not seen him for ages...

Oh and if a (black) Mancunian guy stops you & asks for help 'cause he's driven 200 miles, keep walking. He's tried to tap me twice now with the same story. He could be really unlucky, I suppose...

Orang Utan said:
I saw a crackwhore giving a bloke a handjob in the phonebox outside the station - is that the kind of stuff you're looking for?

I wish i didn't have to use payphones as much as i do :eek:

nipsla said:
Went in there for the 1st time last week and was well impressed. Food was delicious and v reasonably priced :cool: :)

Exactly my feeling. Lovely food, decent price, good music, nice people running it, normal speed service (rather than waiting an hour...!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom