Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bristol Mayoral and Avon and Somerset PCC Elections 2021

I'm not completely surprised at The Greens good showing to be honest and particularly in Easton. I think people see them as a safe alternative to Labour without having to go Tory.
Yes, completely. We shouldn't forget that post-Iraq, Labour spent several years in full retreat to the Lib Dems in Bristol and in some very similar areas - the Lib Dems held Lockleaze, Easton, Eastville and all of the bohemian-hippy wards for example. The Greens have soaked up most of that liberalish, soft left and protest vote with very similar results
Christ, even some of the councillors are the same - Guy Poultney, newly elected Green councillor in Cotham, is the same Guy Poultney who represented Lockleaze for the Lib Dems for a few years

Christ, even some of the councillors are the same - Guy Poultney, newly elected Green councillor in Cotham, is the same Guy Poultney who represented Lockleaze for the Lib Dems for a few years

I have to say I did a double take when I saw him congratulating Tony D and realised he'd switched parties 🤣

I wonder if Dr Jon still pays his Lib Dem dues or if he's tried to sign up with the Greens?

So, how long do we reckon it'll be before the Greens start doing deals with Tories and Lib Dems?

Back
Top Bottom