Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Breadmakers

quinny518

"i'm watching you like a shithawk"
Do you own one, and how often do you use it?

I got a chaep tescos breadmaker a couple of months ago and it has saved me a fortune, i use it every other day for bread and at least once a week for pizza dough, i would highly reccomend one for houses and families that dont fear the 'carbs'...

I still don't have one at work :(

Perhaps I should get one for the boat, just for the dough cycles.

Or, a really quick one, like this:http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4229399/c_1/1|category_root|Kitchen and laundry|14418476/c_2/2|14418476|Small kitchen appliances|14418587/c_3/3|cat_14418587|Breadmakers|14418600.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

58 mins!

this one can do it in 55!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Russell-Hob.../ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=11052681&s=kitchen

I run the engine for about an hour a day and if I could synchronise the two it'd be ideal!

Ok, breadmaker question:

On the dough setting I've seen things like 1 hour 30 mins quoted. It can't be mixing for that entire time, can it? How long to mix and how long to rise? What if I just turn it off when it finishes mixing? How long does that take?

Ok, breadmaker question:

On the dough setting I've seen things like 1 hour 30 mins quoted. It can't be mixing for that entire time, can it? How long to mix and how long to rise? What if I just turn it off when it finishes mixing? How long does that take?

The hour and a half would probably be kneading, resting, kneading and leaving to rise. How long it kneads or leaves to rise depends on what program you select. If you just turn it off when it finishes mixing you will just have dough. That would probably take about 20 mins depending on what program you use. Tbh though, before mine broke, it was great for rising as it keeps it at a constant temperature

The hour and a half would probably be kneading, resting, kneading and leaving to rise. How long it kneads or leaves to rise depends on what program you select. If you just turn it off when it finishes mixing you will just have dough. That would probably take about 20 mins depending on what program you use. Tbh though, before mine broke, it was great for rising as it keeps it at a constant temperature

cheers. So it'd def have kneaded, rested, kneaded in an hour or so?

The pizza dough on mine takes 90 mins and it's excellent, fluffy and light. The bread is between 3-4 hours with a quick 60 mins option. Never had the 60 mins one yet. I'm off to make pizzas with the dough now for the mrs and little one.

i fear the 60 mins reckon it will be like soda bread, which is nice but very filling, makes me want to snooze, bread like that. I can report the pizzas were tasty!

Back
Top Bottom