Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BooMTown 2011 - chapter 3

lol @ people just dismissing gerry's genuine issues!! :D

As I (for one) didn't actually do ... :)

I was there and knew where he was coming from with that post, some schedules at some tents were definitely slack to say the least. Just that we didn't seem (for whatever reason?) to have had such a negative timetable experience as him.

Fucking hell, those tickets sold quick!

Do you think I should book a separate coach ticket for my baby, or can he just sit on my lap :confused:

A word from jimmy himself

Jimmy Hell Jazz & Ruby Soho invite ya to..… The return of Devil Kicks Dance Hall. Boom Town’s wildest stage is back in fullfrenzied effect.. ‘Dance Music To Die To’..
‘Welcome to the End of The Line!’
A twisted cross between a nineteenth century dancehall, a fairground ghost train and the1980’s train station you find yourself stuck in when trying to get home after a few toomany. The Devil Kicks stage is the last frontier between this world and the next.
It’s a Rockabilly thang, with Psychobilly swing – Punk Rock and Voodoo Hell Jazz.Ya know we think ya might like it!

DEMENTED ARE GO.

FRANTIC FLINTSTONES.

CITIZEN FISH

THE LONG TALL TEXANS.

THE CARAVANS.

SICK NOTE.

JACK RABBIT SLIM

RUDI LA CRIOUX & THE ALL STARS

THE CAEZARS

KOFFIN KATS (USA)

THE LUCKY DEVILS (FRANCE)

ZEN HUSSIES.

SPANNER.

THE RACKETEERS.

CHEATER SLICKS.

KNOCKSVILLE.

DOGSHITE (CHRIS LIBERATOR).

THE SURFIN' TURNIPS...

SO MUCH MORE TO BE ADDED.. WE'LL KEEP YA POSTED.

Are there any plans to expand the site this year? Felt a bit claustrophobic last year. And the dance music bits need to stay open later.

Are there any plans to expand the site this year? Felt a bit claustrophobic last year. And the dance music bits need to stay open later.

I think its been expanded to 15,000 on a new site.

I think the bassline circus will now be acting like a proper late night dance tent.

Im sure the mayor will confirm this

I cant wait, I love this festival, and im trying to convince the mates who were gonna come with me, not to come now......:D

Hi guys, I’m slightly out of the loop on things as i've been away, but what I can gather is the new site is licensed for 10,000 and although there are various new streets being added there is no plans to really expand the core section of the festival, the idea has always been to keep areas fairly small and intimate / busy, rather than spread out and loose the vibe - on saying that though the town centre crescent has been expanded quite a bit.

For those who need to get away from city centre life there is a new semi outdoor stage outside of the main town area where things are much more relaxed, it’s hosted by 'wondering word' and is an eclectic mix of folk, jazz, funk, spoken word and poetry and also accommodates some big chill out areas

I think the bassline circus runs till 2 maybe 3 every night but the new licence is actually till 4am and will apply to all venues in the Downtown, May-fair avenue and Oldtown areas
Hope this helps xx

Hi guys, I’m slightly out of the loop on things as i've been away, but what I can gather is the new site is licensed for 10,000 and although there are various new streets being added there is no plans to really expand the core section of the festival, the idea has always been to keep areas fairly small and intimate / busy, rather than spread out and loose the vibe - on saying that though the town centre crescent has been expanded quite a bit.

For those who need to get away from city centre life there is a new semi outdoor stage outside of the main town area where things are much more relaxed, it’s hosted by 'wondering word' and is an eclectic mix of folk, jazz, funk, spoken word and poetry and also accommodates some big chill out areas

I think the bassline circus runs till 2 maybe 3 every night but the new licence is actually till 4am and will apply to all venues in the Downtown, May-fair avenue and Oldtown areas
Hope this helps xx

Sounds good. :cool:

last year was boomin. Definetely goin this year!! If anyone from southwest is going a lift would be greatly appreciated :D

New site? Any vague idea of location, e.g. Distance from London?

Might help me decide whether to go or not.

Won't be able to make the festie, but the name reminded me about a telly show I've been meaning to download for ages, so thanks for reminding me of that!

I think there's plans to run a couple of boomtown warmup nights if their facebook page is anything to go by.

One in london and one in brizz.

I just bugger off on my own, can't do a festival with a big group, like camping with them though, best of both. :)

Its only 1 or 2 people I know that would come to a little fest like this......... hence I'd rather just be on my own, than feel guilty about leaving them on their own too iyswim.

I think there's plans to run a couple of boomtown warmup nights if their facebook page is anything to go by.

One in london and one in brizz.

This is happening on may the 13th (well london one is) in PECKNHAM!

Back
Top Bottom