Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bob Dylan at 80 - favourite song?

I went through a phase with this one too. I believe some people think it's too frivolous for Blood on the Tracks. Bollocks.

there's a few folk who claim he is neurodivergant. when i hear songs like this of his - with the measure of the delivery, the tone, the lyrics, the emotional range, the phrasing, i do think there is something otherworldly about the way his mind (and body) and works. there's a kind of pure creativity that i don't think is within the realm of "normality" at all and perhaps ND could explain it. My son is ND and sometimes watching his mind is so beautiful and i just wonder about dylan in the same way sometimes. Bob Dylan is a genius in the truest sense of the word.

Last edited:
The comic book and me, just us, we caught the bus,
The poor little chauffeur though she was back in bed.

It's a one-track town, just brown and a breeze too
Pack up the meat, sweet, we're headin' out
For Wichita in a pile of fruit
Get the loot, don't be slow, we're gonna catch a trout

The comic book and me, just us, we caught the bus,
The poor little chauffeur though she was back in bed.

It's a one-track town, just brown and a breeze too
Pack up the meat, sweet, we're headin' out
For Wichita in a pile of fruit

Yea! Heavy and a bottle of bread. From the Basement Tapes album.

I shudder to think of the hours spent listening to Dylan over the decades.

At a gig in Finsbury park about 2005 I tried to piss into a coke bottle as Bob was just coming on stage. I got knocked and lost control of my knob and pissed all the way up this guys back. He span round and went absolutely fucking berserk. Still shudder at the memory. Very embarrassing

I should have come out with "A hard rain's a-gonna fall"
were you at a Bowie gig in 1987?

found this fascinating not so much cos of dylan but how it kind of details the surrounds of a press conference and the level of strangeness.

There won't be any angels or differentiation. It's a furnace, you will 'wail and gnash your teeth'. It takes a certain amount of pain to gnash your teeth. But you haven't got any other outlet when you get there.

Anyone banning me or thinking they are tough enough and rebellious enough or can wash it off will wash that off in about half a second. And do that forever.

That's the concept.

I don't think he actually made some kind of contract.

It's actually not possible. You can't 'sell or bargain your soul'.

Jesus owns your soul. The moment, you say jesus save me, fishfingers will never look the same

xxx

I don't think he actually made some kind of contract.

It's actually not possible. You can't 'sell or bargain your soul'.

Jesus owns your soul. The moment, you say jesus save me, fishfingers will never look the same

xxx

Would you ever just quit spoiling threads with the whole stream of consciousness shtick? Cheers.

So you can run, answer back or do it another night.

It's after 11 in the a.m.

It's just a wee bit tedious, your drink inspired musings and conversations with yourself.

Am not saying don't drink. I've been there. Just maybe switch off the internet when you are doing so.

It's after 11 in the a.m.

It's just a wee bit tedious, your drink inspired musings and conversations with yourself.

Am not saying don't drink. I've been there. Just maybe switch off the internet when you are doing so.

Well this is what you said. Any nobhead can see you mugging me off.

And you are wrong. So go fuck yourself you boring muppet.

Would you ever just quit spoiling threads with the whole stream of consciousness shtick? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom