Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bob Dylan demands a phone and smartwatch-free show

Back in the day my band played a gig and some friends were recording it on a tape recorder. Immediately after we finished you could hear them carry on their conversation as if nothing had happened. "So I saw Cammy on the bus and he was wasted, haha!" A fitting tribute to our musical prowess :-D
This happened to Bob Dylan when he was just starting out, and the memory scars him to this day.

Him and me both!

I went to see Queen & Adam Lambert in Tallinn. VIP ticket. I hired a car just so I could park in the VIP parking area. The best part of the concert was when I got there a hi-viz lackey told me to go back and I flashed him my VIP lanyard. "Very good, sir. This way." The seating area was far from the stage and poorly placed but I could go up to the inner circle right at the front so I stood there resolutely not filming anything to soak up the experience.

I got to see Brian May and his guitar in the flesh, but the performance itself was pretty poor I must admit. No reaction to speak of from the stoic Estonian crowd and it was all phoned in. Even the gravity-defying delay solo was lacklustre. Oh well. I got a couple of pics of the guitar. I'm kind of glad I have no video memory of that day.

Was at The The last night and they asked that people keep their phones in their pockets, just then the inevitable monstrous beanpole that was plotted up right in front of me whips his out, camera on ready to record, he held it like that for about 15 minutes waiting for the moment he wanted to record. I waited around 10 seconds after he pressed the button and barged the cunt, he nearly dropped the phone, the shot ruined, my work done I retired to the bar.

What and Mr gig whilst you’ve got a drink? ;)

Back
Top Bottom