Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black & White Stripey Tops - irrational dislike

I've got one of these now, nice ralph t with the stripes and a red collar. It makes my chest look wider than it is, which is a bonus.

photo from twice as nice , garage night
EyHo1z3XEAI9ulW

photo from twice as nice , garage night
EyHo1z3XEAI9ulW
That guy has obviously read my earlier post and decided it's a look he can run with

I've have a couple of striped tops, one white with blue horizontal stripes, one blue with white, and a couple of pairs of pyjama trousers with blue/white vertical stripes. I tried combining them once, but ended up with a headache.

TBF, he carries it off far better than I would

If you can't appreciate what Jean Seberg is serving here I fear you may be beyond hope:
View attachment 265876

View attachment 265877
i tried jean, audrey, rita - even too-ticki - but nothing worked; op's too far gone into his delusions. a deeply troubled soul...

ska invita : thinking bout this thread of yours i've realised you got a point; there's clearly a smug, well-behaved, bit-to-clean school of two-tone stripe wearing that i hadn't noticed before.

then again,
the other day i stumbled over a song i've tried to remember since a flatmate played it a couple of times mid nineties. turns out it was sophia george ft charlie chaplin 'ain't no meaning'- not 'it ain't easy' as i misremembered. who would've thunk it?
& guess what?
sophia-george-final-decision-red-bullet-s.jpg
sophia rocks stripes. and yeah
Screen+Shot+2013-10-22+at+8.08.39+AM.png
charlie too...

to quote a lone voice of reason from the Fleabag thread "all the characters were horribly middle class and dull." :D
fleabag.png

I respect your mad commitment to being wrong about this btw, it's impressive in a way, like if someone started a thread claiming seagulls are good or something.

ska invita, do you generally find that people now associate you with black and white stripey tops? I saw a well-dressed couple today - both wearing black jeans, she was in a black and white stripey top, he was in a black and white checked top - and wondered what you'd make of it.

ska invita, do you generally find that people now associate you with black and white stripey tops? I saw a well-dressed couple today - both wearing black jeans, she was in a black and white stripey top, he was in a black and white checked top - and wondered what you'd make of it.
Im not sure what to say....other than perhaps:

Now the thought
Both of lost happiness and lasting pain
Torments him; round he throws his baleful eyes
That witnessed huge affliction and dismay
Mixed with obdurate pride and steadfast hate:
At once as far as angels ken he views
The dismal situation waste and wild,
A dungeon horrible, on all sides round
Served only to discover sights of woe,
Regions of sorrow, doleful shades, where peace
And rest can never dwell, hope never comes