Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black & White Stripey Tops - irrational dislike

Bez is a strong ambassador
d1ceac8c63daf2f48af010aaf738ae87.jpg
7865352.jpg

4zUiSW1Kn-ZkSS7t6c9QpUMTfGIwZGKX3HlGqsRJaibevL8KqLbFJa9PPeGKoRfytLsPY0yBxrOrGgMrYguIIhcpZFa0Y0eNWuu7qyqlLrVXl19fqjuBS9s

0_Bez-and-his-partner-Firouzeh-Razavi.jpg
bez-wee.jpg

I wouldn't wear one...ever, but sweetheart has many long sleeved stripped Breton shirts. And jeans. His uniform, really, which suits his tall, thin frame (unlike my graceless dumpy one) I have tried (and failed) to get him to up his sartorial game...

Theres one hell of a blog on that website

hmmm, they're not wrong there

thats one for you oryx

shoot me now
dunagrees_large.PNG

(MONSIEUR KOOL 🇫🇷 (@monsieurkool) • Instagram photos and videos)

jesus
16MAY2017Breton0522-210x300_large.jpg
16MAY2017Breton0649-210x300_large.jpg

Spoiler: their favourite mens style are breton shirts

etc
I have a red and white stripey T-shirt and a red leather jacket. :oops: But I do not have man bun. My aversion to man buns is much like ska invita's loathing of striped tops.

I have a red and white stripey T-shirt and a red leather jacket. :oops: But I do not have man bun. My aversion to man buns is much like ska invita's loathing of striped tops.
No, that's 100x more justifiable. Having read through the thread a bit, I see this does get mentioned on around page 4, but the thread title really does sound like it's going to be about blatant NUFC-phobia.
Horizontal stripey tops are alright, but they feel quite late 2000s to me. Unless we've already reached the stage of the late 2000s retro revival?

Theres one hell of a blog on that website

hmmm, they're not wrong there

thats one for you oryx

shoot me now
dunagrees_large.PNG

(MONSIEUR KOOL 🇫🇷 (@monsieurkool) • Instagram photos and videos)

jesus
16MAY2017Breton0522-210x300_large.jpg
16MAY2017Breton0649-210x300_large.jpg

Spoiler: their favourite mens style are breton shirts

etc
glad the thread was bumped, this post content above still making me laugh

lets catch up with what monsieur kool has been up to:
mon.png

Because stripey tops are alright but man buns are bad. Not just a gender thing tbh, I'm also not a massive fan of - woman buns? femme buns? Currant buns are ok though.
irrational

glad the thread was bumped, this post content above still making me laugh

irrational
Nah, stuff's only irrational if I disagree with it, I agree with Ann'O's opinion on man buns and therefore it is objective. That's just basic science. Why don't you try wearing a different Breton shirt every day of the week and see if it makes you feel better? A Breton Shirt for Every Day of the Week – The Breton Shirt Company

That "dungarees worn open with the front bit just flopping down around your crotch" look is definitely vile, though.

What's everyone's favourite stripey top-themed band or album? I reckon the White Stripes and that classic Blondie album are strong contenders, any more?

Reactions: Sue
Oh, and there's the Motorhead/Merle Haggard one about how exciting it is to see someone with nice black and white lines on their top:

I may possibly be scraping the barrel at this point, but for those who prefer to call them hoops, there's this one, about when your nice stripy top gets torn and you have to fix it:

Just realised, they're not black and white, but what does ska invita make of Bert and Ernie's fashion sense?
1616585697758.png
Can you tolerate Bert's vertical stripes but not Ernie's horizontal ones? Or are stripey tops fine if they're not black and white?

Just realised, they're not black and white, but what does ska invita make of Bert and Ernie's fashion sense?
View attachment 260063
Can you tolerate Bert's vertical stripes but not Ernie's horizontal ones? Or are stripey tops fine if they're not black and white?

Theirs is a very different thing from the thread topic

Ernie is channeling 90s indie raver stripe energy - multi coloured and variety of widths - whilst i wouldnt wear it, i like the anarchic power of the colour combo
bba642bd-b577-4fc9-bb5d-7b824eaece31-2060x1236.jpeg

Bert is going for preppy ivy-league v-neck authoritarianism, all the more so when matched with that poloneck. A massive no-no, but both outfits are outside the parameters of this discussion.

Bert's is worse, Ernie gets a pass.

Back
Top Bottom