Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black & White Stripey Tops - irrational dislike

But what exactly is on the platter? Is this supposed to be breakfast?

1) A sliced bread sandwich with just something very thin in it.
2) An apple
3) A goblet full of .. milk?

what the hell are the other two items though. It is important.

Also I'm not sure about the way the sleeves' vertical stripes come in so far as to make a sort of square neck shape but its her so she gets a pass.

But what exactly is on the platter? Is this supposed to be breakfast?

1) A sliced bread sandwich with just something very thin in it.
2) An apple
3) A goblet full of .. milk?

what the hell are the other two items though. It is important.

Also I'm not sure about the way the sleeves' vertical stripes come in so far as to make a sort of square neck shape but its her so she gets a pass.
A cup of tea and either some relish or jam/marmalade in the jar. Doesn't strike me as hugely unusual.

View attachment 274817
You might criticise her unconventional approach to furniture or the lack of it, but surely you can't argue with Hepburn's overall look here, right?
its not too bad that one
the difference between black and white band widths is large - this is good - the more even the bands the worse it is
the square around the neck helps break up the horizontals
its white on majority black , much better than the other way around

Surely a full goblet's worth would be an insane amount of milk to have in your tea, though? I reckon that maybe she's just drinking the milk straight from the goblet.

its been theraputic and educational

i should also say a have an irrational dislike of any kind of checked shirt
Check_shirt_e_s_vintage-177618-0-637175291968440350.jpg

though i think its to do with the horizontal lines within the checks ;) (the vertical ones are fine)
glances down
navy & white striped vest
check shirt

firmly on the list :thumbs:

glances down
navy & white striped vest
check shirt

firmly on the list :thumbs:
Jesus, I'd missed that checked shirts were on ska's list as well. Although that does remind me:
I like these but wouldn't want to dress like one (would look like the Michelin man ffs)

View attachment 274823
I have a nice red and white check/gingham shirt, which once caused one of my mates to observe "oh, I like your shirt, it quite makes you look like a tablecloth in a nice Italian restaurant".

Jesus, I'd missed that checked shirts were on ska's list as well. Although that does remind me:

I have a nice red and white check/gingham shirt, which once caused one of my mates to observe "oh, I like your shirt, it quite makes you look like a tablecloth in a nice Italian restaurant".

H&M have a load of cheap and cheerful men's shirts in with vertical blue and white or green and white stripes. "Nice shirt but nearly sat on you, thought you were a deckchair".

Coincidentally I have just bought my partner a stripey t-shirt for his birthday.

It's nothing like any of mine (it's blue and grey and mine are all strictly navy & white) so we won't have a fashion mishap if we go out together wearing them. :D

Back
Top Bottom