Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black & White Stripey Tops - irrational dislike

Theres one hell of a blog on that website

hmmm, they're not wrong there

thats one for you oryx

shoot me now
dunagrees_large.PNG

(MONSIEUR KOOL 🇫🇷 (@monsieurkool) • Instagram photos and videos)

jesus
16MAY2017Breton0522-210x300_large.jpg
16MAY2017Breton0649-210x300_large.jpg

Spoiler: their favourite mens style are breton shirts

etc

Last edited:
Theres one hell of a blog on that website

hmmm, they're not wrong there

thats one for you oryx

shoot me now
dunagrees_large.PNG

jesus
16MAY2017Breton0522-210x300_large.jpg
16MAY2017Breton0649-210x300_large.jpg

Spoiler: their favourite mens style are breton shirts

etc
:eek: Use them as curtains?

I think not...

ska invita you've presented us with damning evidence, sordid pictures that no right-thinking member of society can approve of.

still:

1_Graham-Suggs-McPherson.jpg
suggs like em.

Terry_Hall_2006_400x400.png
so does terry.

we've already established rita and toots likes em.

118697037_759543554831443_4462969318017077047_n.jpg
doreen likes em too.

stripes are ska.

Celebs in black & white shirts? He also wears something like this underneath jackets

View attachment 236269
the subject of this thread is the op's dislike of horisontally striped/hooped/breton tops, especially the black/blue-white type.

our comrade had the self-insight to label this dislike 'irrational' - however, his ambition seems to be to rationalise his aversion rather than to free himself of it.
this is unfortunate. we must stripe ceaselessly not to let capitalism let our hoops down, and to breton ourselves as humans and revolutionaries.

i've tried to show positive examples of people in stripes, from the sailors of kronstadt over legendary fashion icons like too-ticky and coco chanel to people i thought ska invita might respect, like front-figures of major ska bands. others have done more and better.

i don't know what he thinks of mr ayoade, strapping fellow in stripes as he might be, but judging from his avatar i think maybe this picture

0000053691_350.jpg

might be more therapeutic?

the subject of this thread is the op's dislike of horisontally striped/hooped/breton tops, especially the black/blue-white type.

our comrade had the self-insight to label this dislike 'irrational' - however, his ambition seems to be to rationalise his aversion rather than to free himself of it.
this is unfortunate. we must stripe ceaselessly not to let capitalism let our hoops down, and to breton ourselves as humans and revolutionaries.

i've tried to show positive examples of people in stripes, from the sailors of kronstadt over legendary fashion icons like too-ticky and coco chanel to people i thought ska invita might respect, like front-figures of major ska bands. others have done more and better.

i don't know what he thinks of mr ayoade, strapping fellow in stripes as he might be, but judging from his avatar i think maybe this picture
im a big fan of richard ayoade - he does make me smile - but he is a slightly smug, middle class cambridge graduate who lives in dulwich, and his stripey top is perfectly suited for that

winstons wearing it well there , though its most likely a red and black number which is as good as it gets
00731452483423_1080W_1080H.jpg

it is a neutral design...its just some stripes....but i dont think i can shake off the aversion. if anything this thread has made me focus in on what started as a vague feeling into something more defined. the more i look the less i like. it started off irrational but its getting more rational by the post

and the strategy of posting famous people wearing them in the hope i might like one of them is really backfiring - who cares what fashion decisions famous people make? i dont. if anything you're just bringing their possibly good names into doubt

i dont know....theyre just so.....horizontal

Last edited:
im a big fan of richard ayoade - he does make me smile - but he is a slightly smug, middle class cambridge graduate who lives in dulwich, and his stripey top is perfectly suited for that

winstons wearing it well there , though its most likely a red and black number which is as good as it gets
00731452483423_1080W_1080H.jpg

it is a neutral design...its just some stripes....but i dont think i can shake off the aversion. if anything this thread has made me focus in on what started as a vague feeling into something more defined. the more i look the less i like. it started off irrational but its getting more rational by the post

and the strategy of posting famous people wearing them in the hope i might like one of them is really backfiring - who cares what fashion decisions famous people make? i dont. if anything you're just bringing their possibly good names into doubt

i dont know....theyre just so.....horizontal

here's to new horizons...
revolution-fist-139835-5611804.png

Back
Top Bottom