Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter demos and protests UK, 2020-2021

SheilaNaGig

Break requested
A pal of mine who drives a black cab tells me it's getting rough up Town.

Have I missed a thread about today's mass protests or is Urban not covering it?

Met police reporting a driver arrested after hitting pedestrains around Sloane Square. Rumours that he mounted the pavement. Nothing confirmed. No evidence it's related.

Not sure what your pal is seeing...defo lots of people raging against White Supremacy and I am sure he can feel the tension. Just can't see anything online that suggests it's actually kicking off?

Not sure what your pal is seeing...defo lots of people raging against White Supremacy and I am sure he can feel the tension. Just can't see anything online that suggests it's actually kicking off?

Me either, hence this thread.

My pal's gone quiet. He made the hit and run post on Facebook. I've asked him for more, nothing so far. It's quite possible he's mistaken. He's quite excitable.

Sky news helicopter live over Whitehall now, a wee bit of argy bargy on King Charles Street by the Foreign Office:

16.JPG

Last edited:
More stuff going on on Whitehall itself, their reporter mentioned missiles and injured people on the ground but was cut off so they could go to a world weather report.

Best thing to do now would be to disperse the crowds so they can go and have a block party on some scuffy north London estate until 4 am. You know all up close and personal. Keeping people awake all night, stopping the spread of the virus.

Not surprised things are kicking off here. I'm sure it's not just solidarity with the US. The policing of the lockdown has been as racist as you would expect anytime you give police vague and extensive new powers. So much dodginess going on that the whole Labour establishment in my area came out with a statement saying the police needed to rein it in.

Back
Top Bottom