Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billionaires are evil

I read Branson has offered to remortgage his Necker island, or put it up as collateral in his bid to gain UK Gov help to save his Virgin Atlantic Airline.

Virgin Australia has or may have had gone into receivership.

Sat on his island where he pays no income tax. In a country where he has nominally registered his businesses to avoid corporation tax, he wants UK tax dough to bail him out :hmm:

The Gates Foundation seems to concern itself with matters that protect intellectual property rights, such as buying drugs for people rather than promoting companies that copy the drugs for pennies. Can’t think why Ol’Bill would be drawn in that direction...

Gotta be an arsehole here and ask for cites.

Gotta be an arsehole here and ask for cites.

Read what they do. All very admirable, erradicating malaria and so on, can't deny that. However they will only concentrate on supplying top $ drugs at low costs, rather than going for locally produced cheaper versions. Every single thing they do follows a very siilar pattern. I guess it's just in his DNA, seeing as his fortune is built on intellectual property rights...

Not really got time as stupidly busy during the days right now, but have a read of this: WhBILL GATES’: KILLING AFRICANS FOR PROFIT AND PR.<br> MR. BUSH’S BOGUS AIDS OFFER.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Read what they do. All very admirable, erradicating malaria and so on, can't deny that. However they will only concentrate on supplying top $ drugs at low costs, rather than going for locally produced cheaper versions. Every single thing they do follows a very siilar pattern. I guess it's just in his DNA, seeing as his fortune is built on intellectual property rights...

Not really got time as stupidly busy during the days right now, but have a read of this: WhBILL GATES’: KILLING AFRICANS FOR PROFIT AND PR.<br> MR. BUSH’S BOGUS AIDS OFFER.

Enjoy.

Er, the first link is just to their general site, which doesn't tell me anything dodgy, obviously.

The second one looks like it was made by a loon on Geocities, and is just assertions without cites.

Are you OK?

Er, the first link is just to their general site, which doesn't tell me anything dodgy, obviously.

The second one looks like it was made by a loon on Geocities, and is just assertions without cites.

Are you OK?

Greg Pallast a loon? Eh, yeah, OK then. as you are.

Greg Pallast a loon? Eh, yeah, OK then. as you are.

I've never heard of him before. And the phrasing is similar to conspiraloons, with no cites to say that Bill Gates is as nefarious as you claim.

I'd copy and post one of the insane paragraphs from that blog post, but they're all mad.

I've never heard of him before. And the phrasing is similar to conspiraloons, with no cites to say that Bill Gates is as nefarious as you claim.

I'd copy and post one of the insane paragraphs from that blog post, but they're all mad.

It was also published in the Washington Post and Observer. HTH.

Stranded Super-Rich Confront Tax Chaos After Virus Lockdowns
Bloomberg Tax. May 12, 2020
Mark Davies is used to flying around the world, typically visiting Geneva and Monaco every month in his work as a tax adviser for the super-wealthy.

Now he’s sequestered at home in southwest London because of the coronavirus pandemic, which is wreaking havoc on his business and the tax plans of his clients similarly accustomed to globetrotting.

“The pandemic means we’ve now got people stuck in the U.K. who didn’t intend to be here, and people who did want to be here that couldn’t,” he said. “It’s gone both ways.”

As nations have closed borders, some individuals are confronting unexpectedly complex tax situations. These include the prospect of higher levies from spending too many days in a foreign locale, or having to shelve plans to obtain tax breaks by moving abroad.

It’s not just international travel that poses tax risks. The question of tax complications also looms for the thousands of people in the U.S. who’ve crossed state lines to hunker down in vacation homes or with in-laws.
world's smallest violin

The Net Worth Of America's 600-Plus Billionaires Has Increased By More Than $400 Billion During The Pandemic or Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
Forbes. May 21, 2020
America's billionaires saw their wealth increase by $434 billion during the course of the global pandemic, according to a new report, a staggering figure that coincided with upheaval to the global economy and more than 38 million Americans filing for unemployment.

"While millions risk their lives and livelihoods as first responders and front line workers, these billionaires benefit from an economy and tax system that is wired to funnel wealth to the top," said Chuck Collins, director of the IPS Program on Inequality.

According to the report, the total net worth of America's billionaires rose 15% during the two months, from $2.9 trillion to $3.4 trillion.

“All These Rich People Can’t Stop Themselves”: The Luxe Quarantine Lives of Silicon Valley’s Elite
August 13, 2020
Travis Kalanick is throwing (outdoor) parties, private-jet owners are hopping from safe zone to safe zone, and dinner party hosts are administering 15-minute COVID-19 rapid tests—all business as usual. “Coronavirus is a poor person’s virus,” says one source.
“Are you going to Travis Kalanick’s party this weekend?” read a text that popped up on my phone a couple of weeks ago. “Umm, no!” I replied. First, I wasn’t invited. (Kalanick is not a big fan of mine, or most other people who have written about him.) But more importantly, this message landed in my inbox smack in the middle of a spike in COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles, where Kalanick now lives. (Kalanick held the party outside, according to two people with knowledge of the soiree, and it was a smaller gathering than pre-COVID parties he is known for.)

Kalanick isn’t the only one throwing parties during the worst pandemic in 100 years. I’ve heard about parties from Palm Springs to Palo Alto, business meetings on the slopes in Colorado after a mountain-biking sesh, electric surfing in Hawaii, and billionaires traveling the world on their private jets, hopping from state to state, country to country, intentionally following the lowest COVID rates of the previous week. “All these rich people can’t stop themselves,” one person who is close to a number of wealthy tech CEOs and venture capitalists told me. “They just can’t stop themselves from throwing parties and going on their jets and socializing as if everything was normal.”

In many respects, to them, things are better than normal. Those on the top billionaire lists have only grown richer over the past five months, as tech has soared on the S&P and NASDAQ, helping push the markets back to their pre-COVID numbers, and adding double-digit billions to some tech CEOs’ personal net worths in a single day. Look no further than Apple or Amazon as a prime example. While 16.3 million Americans are unemployed, Apple is now nearing a $2 trillion market cap and Amazon just posted record profits of $5.2 billion in the last quarter—double last year’s goal.

Back
Top Bottom