Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bill Cosby to walk free

Oh yes because they're famously so ethical, such committed feminists, sigh...

they are as a bunch (i know elkins park well) ostentatiously liberal and would shun the guy.

who he'd be hanging out with in the wider phila society i have no idea. who he'd be hanging out with beyond phila i also have no idea. i imagine he'll have some sympathizers. but in his home town he'll be a pariah.

Didn't he claim to be virtually blind and could barely walk at trial?

So I doubt he'll be out and about much anyway, although it was defo exaggerated.
Cunts in kind Suge Knight and Weinstein pulled the same shit too (although im aware Knight wasn't a rapist cunt but still a cunt)

It's fucked up, but it was the prosecutors who fucked up. They told him he wouldn't be prosecuted, so that he could confess without self-incriminating. It's not like being granted immunity, exactly, but it's important in US law.

So the prosecutor fucked up by sending him to prison on a confession that should have been legally inadmissible. If the conviction stood, then all US citizens might be in trouble if they come into contact with the law.

But, OTOH, the prosecutor also got him sent to prison for a couple of years, which is more than he'd have got otherwise. And we all heard the evidence, and only a few arseholes could ever believe he's actually, factually innocent, so maybe the prosecutor made the right decision in the end.

(IANAL. I've been reading about this on an American board where some people know their shit).

But, OTOH, the prosecutor also got him sent to prison for a couple of years, which is more than he'd have got otherwise. And we all heard the evidence, and only a few arseholes could ever believe he's actually, factually innocent, so maybe the prosecutor made the right decision in the end.
I completely take your point but how fucked up is it that he only spent a couple of years in jail after all the terrible things he's (alleged to have) done. FFS.

I completely take your point but how fucked up is it that he only spent a couple of years in jail after all the terrible things he's (alleged to have) done. FFS.

I dunno, given his age (and I think the stuff about his health is at least partly true), a couple of years of actual fun living was all he had left anyway.

The trial meant that we all saw the evidence (if we cared to) and everyone knows he got off because he admitted his guilt only when he thought he was safe. He's innocent in the eyes of the law, but not in the eyes of the world. He'll die as a serial rapist rather than a comedy icon who some women tried to accuse of something. People will argue about that as a matter of legal fact, but everyone, really, will know.

Back
Top Bottom