Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best tube station to park at?

platinumsage

HaveMyPassword123
I reckon the Lizard Line might be affected by the national rail strikes so I'm looking for tube stations with masses of available parking, preferably on the north side. Any ideas?

Croxley has a massive car park and, I think free on street parking within a few minutes. Is that too far out though?

Thanks, seems there are quite a few options. Although I suspect on a national rail strike day these car parks will be very full. I guess what would be nice is a car park that is bookable in advance, and the NCP ones I've seen so far don't seem to offer that option.

I might have to war-game a route into central London trying out various tube station car parks and if they're all full ending up at the underground Q-Park opposite the Palace of Westminster.

I reckon the Lizard Line might be affected by the national rail strikes so I'm looking for tube stations with masses of available parking, preferably on the north side. Any ideas?

The best line into town from the north is the Jubilee/Met. Don't fuck about with the Northern or Piccadilly lines.

Park at the Regency car park in Swiss Cottage. I'd book if I were you. It's adjacent to Swiss Cottage tube (5 minutes to Baker Street) and just outside the congestion charge zone.

The best line into town from the north is the Jubilee/Met. Don't fuck about with the Northern or Piccadilly lines.

Park at the Regency car park in Swiss Cottage. I'd book if I were you. It's adjacent to Swiss Cottage tube (5 minutes to Baker Street) and just outside the congestion charge zone.

Ah, further in than I'd looked, seems like an easy drive from the A1(M) though.

It's between this and Westfield Stratford at the moment.

Apparently Epping NCP has 519 spaces but could be full by 7am, whereas I'm arriving at lunchtime. :hmm:

Ah, further in than I'd looked, seems like an easy drive from the A1(M) though.

It's between this and Westfield Stratford at the moment.

Apparently Epping NCP has 519 spaces but could be full by 7am, whereas I'm arriving at lunchtime. :hmm:

If Stratford's easier for you to drive to and you're going to east/central, then that's your best bet. Central Line though, which isn't much fun. If you're final destination is central or west town, get the Jub.

but inside the ULEZ area (applies inside but not on the north and south circular roads) if that might be an issue. More here.

Also, be aware that some of the outer ends of the Underground are shared with the 'used to be BR' railway, so can be affected if (for example) network rail signalling staff are on strike. From memory, that would affect the bakerloo line north of queens park, the richmond and wimbledon bits of the district line and maybe one or two other places. bits of the metropolitan line out towards amersham are shared between underground and chiltern, but i'm not sure who operates which bit of the infrastructure. TFL have not yet updated the strikes info page.

Back
Top Bottom