Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best riff ever

Follow on from Guns N Roses thread. Two nominations so far, Sweet Child Of Mine and AC/DC Back In Black. please continue.
I don't love the song particularly, but when I saw the thread title the riff from 'Back In Black' started playing in my head, so I guess it's that.

Maybe not the best but very probably the longest goes to Gentle Giant's The House The Street The Room. It takes you on a little journey before starting over again.

Otherwise I'd go with Budgie's Breadfan or Sasbbath's Sympton of the Universe.

Hell aint a bad place to be - ACDC
Problem Child - ACDC
Over the hills and far away - Led Zep
Aint Talkin about love - Van Halen
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Slayer - Angel of Death
Metallica - Leper Messiah
Kiss - Cold Gin

I could keep going for a while here.
6 million ways to die, choose one.

(that's an instruction, not a nomination)

of course there is this:

helpful chart from the youtube comments:

riff chart: "part" 1 00:00 departure 05:25 hotel room 07:28 sonic titan ("drop out of life...") 10:27 hotel room 12:28 12th solo riff, first solo 16:29 10th-11th-12th (hotel room) ("proceeds the weedian, nazareth") "part" 2 21:28 12th ("creedsmen roll...") 25:51 morris riff ("lungsmen unearth...") 27:44 12th ("arise - son of the god of israel...") 30:38 morris riff ("stoner caravan emerge...") 32:32 12th ("raise up...") 35:34 blackened 36:59 12th ("weed-priests...") 38:53 second solo "part" 3 41:25 clean riff, intro to cultivator 43:25 cultivator ("the molten fire...") 48:31 morris riff (flight version), third solo, morris riff (flight version) 53:15 hot lava man/spade/descent/space jam 58:26 sonic titan ("drop out of life...") 01:00:24 departure
Show less

Back
Top Bottom