Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best No/Low Alcohol Beers

This is the best 0% beer I’ve had. Never seen it in a UK shop though, only online. Worth it though, it’s delicious.

Orang Utan I sent you an invite to the Non Toxicated Facebook group, it's really great, I got a lot of ideas for what to drink out of there. I've not dared try AF red wine yet, but some people put a teaspoon of balsamic in the wine to give it more of a bite. My fave AF drinks are literally any beer from the Big Drop brewery esp the citrus IPA and the stout - both can be bought in morrissons - (also because they're also gluten free, a normal gluten containing IPA is a short cut for me to the worst migraine ever), Gimber - it's a ginger/lemon/spices concentrate that goes well with tonic, Seedlip - the green one because it's a bit bitter and I like bitter and I also like kombucha.

I continue to drink the Brewdog AF beers at the moment. They’re OK, sufficiently near enough to real beer to be acceptable. The other advantage is that there’s a range of different AF beers in the range now.

Orang Utan I sent you an invite to the Non Toxicated Facebook group, it's really great, I got a lot of ideas for what to drink out of there. I've not dared try AF red wine yet, but some people put a teaspoon of balsamic in the wine to give it more of a bite. My fave AF drinks are literally any beer from the Big Drop brewery esp the citrus IPA and the stout - both can be bought in morrissons - (also because they're also gluten free, a normal gluten containing IPA is a short cut for me to the worst migraine ever), Gimber - it's a ginger/lemon/spices concentrate that goes well with tonic, Seedlip - the green one because it's a bit bitter and I like bitter and I also like kombucha.
Thanks, I didn’t get the invite though :(

What are alcohol-free gins like, any recommendations?
(Gins with a strong juniper taste/London Dry type gins are my preference, so any AF ones that recreate that flavour well would be good)

Anyone tried this?

Made using traditional methods from East Asia, JIN JIN is a non-alcoholic enzymatic concentrate with a fruity, sour, subtly tart and earthy flavour profile.

Mix with soda water and citrus, create new combinations, or stir up old cocktail recipes.”

Do people here always get age-checked when buying no-alcohol drinks?
When I buy them at the scab tills at Sainsbury’s, I have to get a cashier to age check me, but when I bought some Guinness today at Waitrose, I didn’t have to, so thought I’d look into it.
From what I can tell online, a drink has to be below 0.5% alcohol to be counted as non-alcoholic, so you will need ID to buy anything above that. This is a legal requirement in pubs and such, but in shops and supermarkets it appears to be advisory rather than mandatory, so it might vary depending on each retailer’s own guidelines. But this also means some retailers may still require ID if you’re buying drinks containing less than 0.5%
The Guinness I bought is less than 0.5%, so that may be why I wasn’t checked today, even though I’ve been checked at Co Op and Sainsbury’s for buying the same thing.
Confusing, eh?
(Though probably not so important for the average U75 poster, as we mostly look over 25 - it just might slow you down a bit if you have to wait to get checked at a scab till)

When I buy them at the scab tills at Sainsbury’s, I have to get a cashier to age check me, but when I bought some Guinness today at Waitrose, I didn’t have to, so thought I’d look into it.
From what I can tell online, a drink has to be below 0.5% alcohol to be counted as non-alcoholic, so you will need ID to buy anything above that. This is a legal requirement in pubs and such, but in shops and supermarkets it appears to be advisory rather than mandatory, so it might vary depending on each retailer’s own guidelines. But this also means some retailers may still require ID if you’re buying drinks containing less than 0.5%
The Guinness I bought is less than 0.5%, so that may be why I wasn’t checked today, even though I’ve been checked at Co Op and Sainsbury’s for buying the same thing.
Confusing, eh?
(Though probably not so important for the average U75 poster, as we mostly look over 25 - it just might slow you down a bit if you have to wait to get checked at a scab till)

I’ve had a supermarket delivery person demanding to see ID for 0.0 beers. I think it’s based on the broad category rather than the specific product.

Confusing, eh?
Most seem to check whatever it is. My guess would be to cover their arse in case anyone tries to sneak something fully alcoholic in there with them.

Confusing, eh?
Yeah, the scab till at Lidl flagged me for a check buying 0.5% shandy. Orange juice can contain more if it's sat for a few days, so it's more about categories than the actual alcohol content. You can buy all the vanilla extract you want!

Yeah, the scab till at Lidl flagged me for a check buying 0.5% shandy. Orange juice can contain more if it's sat for a few days, so it's more about categories than the actual alcohol content. You can buy all the vanilla extract you want!
And presumably you can buy toiletries and cleaning products with a much higher alcohol content. Not that I think this is hypocritical or anything. I can appreciate the reasons for not wanting to sell even zero alcohol beers to children

Back
Top Bottom