Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Disney movie

Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Finding Nemo
Frozen
Sleeping Beauty
Moana
I watched Encanto the other day and really enjoyed it.

Old style hand drawn...
Top 5....
1. Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
2. Pinocchio
3. Dumbo
4. Fantasia
5. Cinderella

Modern animation....my top 5
1. Aladdin
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. The Lion King
4. Winnie the Pooh
5. Frozen
4 of your modern animation films also are old style hand drawn, only Frozen is computer animation.

At the time the most expensive Disney film ever and also the only one to have a 15 rating.

It's a great film, but really not for kids. The two "kids" robots were sweet but Maxillian doing his thing and the whole tone of the film made it not "family friendly"
When adjusted for inflation, Disney’s 20.000 Leagues Under the Sea, of which The Black Hole is a knock-off, was considerably more expensive. As were early animated films like Pinocchio and Fantasia, the last two initially were expensive flops which took decades to make their money back.

In the US, its main market, The Black Hole was rated PG. A first for a Disney film and mostly due to some mild swearing. It still made it eligible to be marketed at a family audience.

Last edited:
Think the films were Disney Pixar right from Toy Story.
nah - they were independent until 2006. i looked up the dates - and i remember when diseny bought them up cos there was some (misplaced) disquiet that it would negatively affect pixars quality - but disney have been happy to let them carry on but with their promotional muscle. Which why even post 2006 pixar shouldnt be included in this debate - IMHO

When adjusted for inflation, Disney’s 20.000 Leagues Under the Sea, of which The Black Hole is a knock-off, was considerably more expensive. As were early animated films like Pinocchio and Fantasia, the last two initially were expensive flops which took decades to make their money back.
No, Reno, what you've got to understand about the animated movie business is...

🤣

I'll check with you next time in advance ...
Good to see you're over the whole Einstein was a hippy thing though 😁🤪
If you insist on being petty, you didn't express yourself very clearly in that one either. Anyways, moving on...

nah - they were independent until 2006. i looked up the dates - and i remember when diseny bought them up cos there was some (misplaced) disquiet that it would negatively affect pixars quality - but disney have been happy to let them carry on but with their promotional muscle. Which why even post 2006 pixar shouldnt be included in this debate - IMHO
All of the Pixar features were produced, funded and distributed by Disney and billed as Disney Pixar, from the beginning. Pixar only ever produced short films independently. Then Disney bought them, and the films continued to be made in the same way.

Not actually seen Frozen as daughter watched it too often with mum so always scrolls past when we're looking for a film. Forgot about that Tangled, agree that was a good recent effort.

Tough to choose, but the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie is probably in my top 5.
That's a pretty good call.

I was lucky enough to get a premier ticket for it (my girlfriend at the time worked in radio and blagged a couple of promos).

We toddled off to Leicester Square and went into the cinema and it was rammo. We had to sit on the steps but then the ushers moved us into seats.

Watched it sandwiched between Pat Sharp and Barry Norman, who had a pen with a light on so he could see to write his review.

Good Times

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom