Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory Festival - news and discussion

How do you go about getting the foot redressing done on site? Is it possible to organise that sort of thing in advance? (Obviously you need to know if it’s going to happen before making the decision to go.)

I managed it at a festival. After falling into a hole in the ground on the first night :)

That's an absolutely cracking Tea Tent line-up!!! :) :) :) :cool:

We and Van will be setting off next Wednesday afternoon, but staying in Hereford for the Wednesday night (25/5).

We'll aim to be parked-up and set-up on site by early-ish afternoon Thursday (26/5).

Please note that it's now looking very likely that I'll be able to come to Beaded! :cool: :thumbs: -- the Vascular Surrgeon at this morning's Outpatient Hospital check-up (Weds 18/5, 9 am :eek: ), cleared me to come, on the grounds that I'm recovering pretty well, and that I promised to organise foot redressings onsite (TBC) and with me promising to sit in my chair a lot, and to take my resting cushion and my sticks! :)
Wait! What have I missed, William? :(

Last edited:
getting there thursday night (hopefully not too late to get in!). Weather forecast look pretty good! View attachment 323602

anyone if there's any open mic type slots available anywhere?

There are at least a couple of "Busk Stops" :cool: around the site as I recall, and yes, as Mogden said, it's worth having a word with Gail at her Tea Tent -- get there early, I'd suggest!

Also, I seem to remember, in 2019, there was a short-ish open-mic session on the Sunday at Maui Waui Temt :cool:

Good luck with getting a slot! :)

I'll be compering the Tea Tent lunchtime til teatime Fri-Sun, if anyone wants to drop by for a hug and a chat. Will prob hang round there most of the time apart from raving in the MS tent.

Yep there are open mic sessions there but I don't control that, it's down to Gail. I seem to recall you have to ask in the morning to get on the list for that day, but it might have changed. Come and ask 🙂

I'll be compering the Tea Tent lunchtime til teatime Fri-Sun, if anyone wants to drop by for a hug and a chat. Will prob hang round there most of the time apart from raving in the MS tent.

Yep there are open mic sessions there but I don't control that, it's down to Gail. I seem to recall you have to ask in the morning to get on the list for that day, but it might have changed. Come and ask 🙂
Nice one. You be in there Thursday night?

For the benefit of Bearded gatherers who've not met me, I'm nearly 6 ft, will be wearing something ridiculous no doubt and there's a new photo just posted in ugly mug. I don't mind being accosted with Mogden, Moggers or just a whispered Urban75.

For the benefit of Bearded gatherers who've not met me, I'm nearly 6 ft, will be wearing something ridiculous no doubt and there's a new photo just posted in ugly mug. I don't mind being accosted with Mogden, Moggers or just a whispered Urban75.
I'll post a pic too, but only after I've had my hair do!

Here's my suggestion for the Bearded Theory 2022 Urban Meet-Up! at/outside (?) the main/biggest Beer Tenf!! :) :cool: :beer:

In fact for two meet-ups, even!! :D

1. Thursday (26/5), 8 pm-ish onwards! :)

2. Friday (27/5), midday to 1 pm-ish onwards! :)

Cool?? :p

ETA : The biggest and main Beer Tent is bang opposite the Main Stage! :)

Last edited:
I'll be the one with sticks, sitting in my chair ;), and with a Beer Delivery Slave!!** :thumbs: (plus with my own money, TBF! :D )

(**My mate, not festivaldeb, although she'll very much be at the meet as well! :D )

Here's my suggestion for the Bearded Theory 2022 Urban Meet-Up! at/outside (?) the main/biggest Beer Tenf!! :) :cool: :beer:

In fact for two meet-ups, even!! :D

1. Thursday (26/5), 8 pm-ish onwards! :)

2. Friday (27/5), midday to 1 pm-ish onwards! :)

Cool?? :p

ETA : The biggest and main Beer Tent is bang opposite the Main Stage! :)
Sounds good to me. :thumbs:

Dub Pistols as a sound track on Thurs.

Back
Top Bottom