Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory Festival - news and discussion

Mine are on Eventbrite, which says the organiser will email nearer the time with E-tickets, but there is a proof of purchase email, so I'm happy. I checked the Facebook chat Mogden mentioned and it looks like 2018 buyers will get theirs in due course.

Bearded joins up with DHP Family who run Rock City, Nottingham
I hardly know anything about Rock City and its owners (I've never been :oops: ), but do people think this looks like a good new partnership? :confused:

Nothing bad jumping out of that article though, and little Rich seems positive too, so let's hope for good outcomes ...

Hope to see felllow Urbs there:) After too many ifs,maybes and have you asked?Head shredding chasing an IN somehow, ive just gone an bought a ticket,i shall Mainly be in the Naughty Corner AKA Convoy Cabaret i reckon but theres a few good acts all over really,oooooh im looking forward to this:D@x

Hope to see felllow Urbs there:) After too many ifs,maybes and have you asked?Head shredding chasing an IN somehow, ive just gone an bought a ticket,i shall Mainly be in the Naughty Corner AKA Convoy Cabaret i reckon but theres a few good acts all over really,oooooh im looking forward to this:D@x
Does Gail's Tea Tent announce a band list too?

mx wcfc : Gail's : On really! vaguely-remembered precedent, check the blackboard outside her tent at the time!! :D

I don't really remember any pre-fest announcements on line ... :confused: :confused:

But WTF????!!! :p :cool:

It's Bearded!! :) :cool: :D :)

thinking of going - this festie any good? is it more alternative "not just about the bands" or a commercial beer and burger selling operation with full on security?

definitely the former. I doubt you'll be disappointed, its a very friendly, though somewhat middle-aged vibe imo. I've loved it every time i've been (though the weather has been kind). Bonus points for wearing a Levellers hoody - it's not obligatory but eyebrows may be raised if you dont.

thinking of going - this festie any good? is it more alternative "not just about the bands" or a commercial beer and burger selling operation with full on security?
Really good. Nice variety of stalls for food and festie "tat". And YOU CAN TAKE YOUR OWN BOOZE IN.*

*As long as it's not in a glass container. Being a festie, there's a strict "no glass" rule.

There's some good brewery names there! :cool: :cool:

I recommend Magic Rock in particular! :thumbs:

The organisers are all full-on real ale people -- I know, I've drank with them! :p .... So they know what they're doing :)

says on the site that entry on the Thursday is until 9pm and vehicles arriving before 9am on the friday will be put into a holding area. Does that mean if get in the queue at, say 8.30pm but dont get to the gate till 9 - then we can get onto the site at all till the morning?

says on the site that entry on the Thursday is until 9pm and vehicles arriving before 9am on the friday will be put into a holding area. Does that mean if get in the queue at, say 8.30pm but dont get to the gate till 9 - then we can get onto the site at all till the morning?
If you arrive before 9pm and are queuing I believe they'll hold the gate past 9pm to get you in. Certainly the year the A38 was chocka and it took us about 3 hours for a 40 minute journey and the lane was rammed, they let people in well past 9pm BUT generally they do have a fairly strict cut off and the gates will be closed from 9pm. I don't think they offer a holding area, it's just literally the gates are closed.

If you arrive before 9pm and are queuing I believe they'll hold the gate past 9pm to get you in. Certainly the year the A38 was chocka and it took us about 3 hours for a 40 minute journey and the lane was rammed, they let people in well past 9pm BUT generally they do have a fairly strict cut off and the gates will be closed from 9pm. I don't think they offer a holding area, it's just literally the gates are closed.
cheers for that - other people mentioned the queue. Was that friday you came down? We are heading down on the thursday evening.

cheers for that - other people mentioned the queue. Was that friday you came down? We are heading down on the thursday evening.
No I'm always a Thursday person. There was some sort of accident, possibly an idiot using the wrong route to Bearded and getting stuck, and we were just held on the A38 going south. Another festival mate travelling in our convoy somehow swerved it all and persisted in sending us site photos of a freshly cracked beer while we were sweating on the dual carriageway. The rotter! But we did have his ticket with us so he couldn't set up at least. It's been a few years since that happened so my memory was hazy about it.

And there is news from the Tea Tent........

1652802050620.png

I swear I saw a FB post from Attila saying he's on on Saturday afternoon, but I can't find it now.

I'll have to keep an eye on the chalkboard - don't want to miss Efa Supertramp, Abdoujaparov, the DFWs and others.

I've heard Laura Taylor is quite good too. ;)

That's an absolutely cracking Tea Tent line-up!!! :) :) :) :cool:

We and Van will be setting off next Wednesday afternoon, but staying in Hereford for the Wednesday night (25/5).

We'll aim to be parked-up and set-up on site by early-ish afternoon Thursday (26/5).

Please note that it's now looking very likely that I'll be able to come to Beaded! :cool: :thumbs: -- the Vascular Surrgeon at this morning's Outpatient Hospital check-up (Weds 18/5, 9 am :eek: ), cleared me to come, on the grounds that I'm recovering pretty well, and that I promised to organise foot redressings onsite (TBC) and with me promising to sit in my chair a lot, and to take my resting cushion and my sticks! :)

Last edited:
How do you go about getting the foot redressing done on site? Is it possible to organise that sort of thing in advance? (Obviously you need to know if it’s going to happen before making the decision to go.)

How do you go about getting the foot redressing done on site? Is it possible to organise that sort of thing in advance? (Obviously you need to know if it’s going to happen before making the decision to go.)
Discussions ongoing -- I've been FB messaging my mate who's one of Bearded's founders/organisers, and I will be chatting directly with the specific St John's Ambulance crew whose tent will be on site. Just need their direct line -- I'll be given that.

I'm still banned from going if there's a risk of "much mud!" :eek: :(, the Hospital said this morning, but for now, BBC forecast for Lichfield remains great for next week! <prays! ;) >

Back
Top Bottom