Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory Festival - news and discussion

Didn't cancel my leave for the rescheduled September dates and went to a great little festival at Whitwell.

Now I'm torn 3 ways about what to do for the same weekend next year. Whitwell, Rock the Bowl in Sheffield or the DH Lawrence festival in Eastwood?

Good to see Bob Vylan added. My list of "must sees" is growing. I fear there will be many clashes. I believe Peter Hook and Patti Smith clash on Sunday night, which is a pain, even if I can catch the last 20 mins of Hooky. I'm planning on spending time in the Something Else Tea Tent, and Convoy Cabaret too. Not sure I'm enthusiastic about so many stages. :hmm:

Do they do a Clash Finder app for Bearded?

My rule when two can't-miss acts clash directly, with identical (or close-to-identical) stage times, is to do 50% of each :)

That does require levels of organisation inconsistent with gigs starting around 10 pm on a Saturday though :D :p

Last edited:
on the one hand, bands I want to see because I have never seen them live and I'm sure it will be awesome: Billy Nomates, Dubioza, Bob Vylan, Nova Twins.
On the other hand, looks like I can avoid the main stages after about 9pm every night :) :)

on the one hand, bands I want to see because I have never seen them live and I'm sure it will be awesome: Billy Nomates, Dubioza, Bob Vylan, Nova Twins.
On the other hand, looks like I can avoid the main stages after about 9pm every night :) :)
Likewise. Except Sunday. I only bought a ticket because of Patti Smith. I'll get slated for that, I know, but pfft.

Likewise. Except Sunday. I only bought a ticket because of Patti Smith. I'll get slated for that, I know, but pfft.
You're fine with that, I'd say! There's no way at all that anyone should not see Patti Smith IMO! :thumbs:

She was excellent at Glastonbury in 2017 :) :) (I think it was!) and she got 5 stars for her Royal Albert Hall gig quite recently :cool:, :in a Guardian review of that, :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
As rich! quite rightly says though, there'll be so much generally that can't be missed -- my mate has seen Dubioza Kollectiv a few times but I never have, so we'll both be going to that I'm sure .... along with getting to a load of other acts :D :cool: :)

Last edited:
Good to see Bob Vylan added.

on the one hand, bands I want to see because I have never seen them live and I'm sure it will be awesome: <snip> Bob Vylan <snip>
Yep, someone I've wanted to see.

I only bought a ticket because of Patti Smith.
Ditto someone I've wanted to see.

Gaz Brookfield, Placebo and Jess Silk I've never seen live either and want to. Jess Silk I'm particularly keen to see cos I've followed her a lot during lockdown, and watched lots of live streams (and bought her albums), she's great.

Gaz Brookfield, Placebo and Jess Silk I've never seen live either and want to. Jess Silk I'm particularly keen to see cos I've followed her a lot during lockdown, and watched lots of live streams (and bought her albums), she's great.
Not sure about Placebo because I know little about them :confused:, but I've seen Gaz Brookfield at many festivals and he always gives an excellent show -- check his songs, they're great! :cool: :)

I've also seen Jess Silk a couple of times at Gail Something Else's events, I'd rate her as a must-not-miss act too! :) :oldthumbsup:

Days breakdown poster:
250054158_10165821685735693_77297226814732169_n.jpg

Nothing in the way of clashes for me (hopefully) as The Hives, Concrete Rose, Dubioza, Ferocious Dog, Gaz Brookfield, Jess Silk The Doonicans, The Lagan and Wilko Johnson all appear to be on at different times.

Last edited:
Riff : Having the line-up broken down by day like that, makes the bands and events that much more interesting and attractive!! :cool:

And nothing listed yet for Convoy Cabaret, etc., either! :D

Predictably but very welcomely, The Sporadics!! are included!! :cool: :) :D

Almost all those others, IME and IMO ;), are also pretty fucking good too!!! :D

I hope Convoy organisers (hello Badgers!! ;) ), schedule carefully to make sure the best ones don't clash with Patti Smith -- but you've got competition now, Patti!!**!!! :cool: :thumbs:

**You might as well come along and watch 1 or 2 of those Convoy bands, when you're not playing! :p :D

Chris Liberator!!! :cool: -- free festie squatty-Traveller rave-tradition shit to be much welcomed!!! :D :cool:

There may even be Turkish Rugs around :eek: ;) -- you never know ..... :p

Plenty of people in the Bearded Theory Chat Facebook with the same worries Stig but there's reassurances there.

Posting now to say apparently we can't camp on Wednesday night now so gates open from 9am on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom