Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory 2016, Thursday 26th - Sunday 29th May

William of Walworth

Festographer
R.I.P.
That's the late May Bank Holiday weekend once again :)

A few acts recently announced. Including Wilko Johnson :cool:

More to be confirmed later this month (November -- or so we've heard :) )

Plenty of other Urbans up for this? It really is an excellent festival.

Not least because it doesn't cost a fortune. And also, it's very friendly for alternative people/their vehicles :p :)

(And as for ale drinkers ... Thornbridge supply the superb beer :D )

We are pondering returning to this one. Not sure whether to go as punters or crew though.

Maui Waui are your neck-of-the-woods based so you must know them well Tort -- they look great, but do tell us more please :)

Maui Waui is a very low key event near the Suffolk Coast. Predominantly electroswing but enough other stuff to keep it interesting. 2015 was its 3rd year and we've been going from the start. It's very low budget and basic but a nice way to round off the season if the sun shines, which it generally does. Decent beers too William courtesy of Green Jack Brewery in Lowestoft.

This is my local festival. I've heard good things the past couple of years, so I'll probably finally get round to checking it out in 2016. Levellers , Bragg and PIL? Yes please.

Just been looking at the lineup again and there's some cracking bands on. Dirty Vertebrae and Senser on the same stage on the same day :D

Heh.

Owing to various circumstances, it looks like I will be (a) camping for the first time in many years, and (b) have a spare ticket and CV ticket.

Any interest in the tix?

Heh.

Owing to various circumstances, it looks like I will be (a) camping for the first time in many years, and (b) have a spare ticket and CV ticket.

Any interest in the tix?
I've not stumped up for my ticket yet rich but I don't need a CV ticket. Is that an ordinary ticket as well as camper van?

OK, so Mogden's taking the normal ticket, and I still have a spare camper van ticket.

Anyone going up from London who could give me a lift in return for petrol money and a camper ticket?!

Mr Riff doesn't want to work it this year as the line-up is so good even before the last two acts of Sunday have been announced.

So... I've taken the plunge and bought tickets. See yous there. :)

Just bought tickets, yeah line-up has a lot more interesting stuff this year, Maui Waui and a new cabaret tent sounds good :)

not been for a while,went to the first one with the missus.looking forward to seeing a few old urbs. excellent line up and
quality ale.:)

Just bought tickets, yeah line-up has a lot more interesting stuff this year, Maui Waui and a new cabaret tent sounds good :)

This was announced on forums of Bearded Theory's a few days ago (22nd January) ...

BT Office said:
Maui Waui is delighted to be bringing a massive selection of top quality acts and performers to Bearded Theory ...

Electric Swing Circus headline the Friday night bringing sounds of the 20's mixed up and played live, fused with bouncy electro beats. Smerins Anti-Social Club headline the Saturday night, the formidable festival favourites are guaranteed to get you dancing with their big brass sound. Gypsy Hill headline Sunday and are an explosion of gypsy sounds with a big back beat, music from heart played to move your feet!

Alongside these 3 top acts we have confirmed King Porta Stomp, Rumjig, Tallulah Goodtimes, Jenova Collective, Lounge Cats, Mista Beat, Regime, Echo Town, Headspace, Johnny Kowalski & The Sexy Weirdos, Solana, Murphys Lore, Aerielism Circus and with much more to be announced.

You will be mad to miss the Maui Waui show!

Good stuff there I'd say :)

does anybody no what the veggie food options are like these days ?
In a word great. Ghandi's flipflop are usually there with irresistible samosas and curries, all veggie IIRC. Pizza stand does veggie. Can't remember the rest but best mate Mogden is veggie and never goes hungry.

Back
Top Bottom