Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Gemma Cairney is killing me every morning
There is nothing she can’t dumb down or misunderstand completely
Putting me right off my cereal

She seems like a nice person, but she's more than a little annoying. I don't think it was that long ago she was on radio 1?? It shows.

At least GP is back tomorrow. :thumbs:

I genuinely really like 6Music.

I find it irritating, but it still has its moments (Ravenscroft, Freak Zone etc) there's still nothing as good on the BBC or commercially, nationally speaking. Back in the day GLR or XFM would've pissed all over 6Music. Even early 6Music was way better.

I'm not loyal to any one station though. I'm just glad we live in an age where Spotify is always within easy reach.

I find it irritating, but it still has its moments (Ravenscroft, Freak Zone etc) there's still nothing as good on the BBC or commercially, nationally speaking. Back in the day GLR or XFM would've pissed all over 6Music. Even early 6Music was way better.

Wasn't early 6 music more guitar/indie music (or at least that was its reputation)? Many folk that complain about 6 music now say it has far too much hip-hop/pop/jazz/anything that's not just white lads with guitars IME. Personally, I love the musical diversity now. The debate is only ever really about how annoying some of the presenters are.

Lamey is certainly putting on a better show than usual. She obviously knows a bit about punk. Her first ever gig was the Ramones!

6 is the only radio station I know that will have half an hour of banging drum and bass followed by half an hour of metal as it did on Friday. That works for me.:thumbs:

Wasn't early 6 music more guitar/indie music (or at least that was its reputation)? Many folk that complain about 6 music now say it has far too much hip-hop/pop/jazz/anything that's not just white lads with guitars IME. Personally, I love the musical diversity now. The debate is only ever really about how annoying some of the presenters are.

there has definitely been a shift towards more diverse music. Again. Works for me.

I found the guy Garvey -Diana Rigg tribute show moving without even making the connection between the two

But TBH only Cerys saves Sunday for me, Lame is an annoyance and Garvey is a bit self absorbed and smug

Guy Garfield is a self absorbed smug twat

Apart from his bollocks take on shit his inability to get artists names pronounced right is a Mega professional discourtesy

It’s either lazy arrogance or shit production. Either way he is coming across like Liz Kershaw another idiot DJ who couldn’t get a fact straight using a steel ruler

Really spoiled my afternoon or painting and decorating

Pull his plug please

Back
Top Bottom