Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Battlefield 4

Still looking like I'll be playing this on PS4...as much as it pains me to give up the excellent community gaming features of Xbox I just don't trust them with all their bullshit and flip flopping...

Still looking like I'll be playing this on PS4...as much as it pains me to give up the excellent community gaming features of Xbox I just don't trust them with all their bullshit and flip flopping...

Another 2 people I play with from time to time are jumping to the PS4 also.

Here is some PS4 footage. Bear in mind that it's recorded by a cam from a monitor and not a capture device!

Kav works for a large publishing company. One of the titles is a well known digital magazine. He told me they flew one of the writers over to Stockholm for a press event and he played the PS4 version. He said that it is improved over BF3 on every level. And the map he played was awesome.

So, looks like we're on to a winner :)

TitanSound where'd you order your PS4 from?

I've been looking for a PS4 and Battlefield 4 bundle, but Im not convinced they exist.

I feel dirty for doing it, but I went with Amazon. I figured the buying power the have meant I would have it sooner rather than later.

Will pre-order the actual game from GAME though. Maybe even another midnight release session seeing as I have a couple of camping chairs now :D

im premium so should get the beta then.

Amazon was top result everytime I looked.... they only take the money when they post the item out right?

Just a heads up for PC players, you can pre load the Beta now :)

Got to preorder at £40. £90 :(

I was hoping it would be a good test to see if my CPU was up to it.

Edit: I appear to have misread. That's £55 for the game and £40 for premium membership. Even before the membership, that's got to be one of the most expensive PC games yet!

Last edited:
Got to preorder at £40. £90 :(

I was hoping it would be a good test to see if my CPU was up to it.

Edit: I appear to have misread. That's £55 for the game and £40 for premium membership. Even before the membership, that's got to be one of the most expensive PC games yet!

Fucking hell, that is expensive for just the core game. I thought it was only going to be £55 on next gen consoles!

Played a couple of games of the beta tonight and I must admit that it's not impressed me that much.

Yes, it's a beta version that's a long way behind what will be released but so far it's a bit 'meh'

I'll wait for a month after it's released before thinking about buying it.

Well, I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed by the gameplay. I don't know if it's just the lag or servers we were on but it seems like a one shot kill from anyone but plenty to kill them. The weapons seem a bit clunky. I don't know if that's just because I need to get used to the recoil and handling, but I found it hard to get many kills.

Visually it looks OK. Worse then the BF3 Beta in some respects. But of course, it's a Beta. The design overhaul is really promising though. The deployment menus look a lot better, nice that it saves the option of you spawning on a certain squad member too. The deployment headcam is also a nice touch. Plus the minimap looks a lot better with cone of vision and the attack directive marker. The game definitely has potential, but as with any game I reckon patch 2 will be the real starting point of the game :)

The control changes are slightly weird, but I see what they're trying to do.

Just got an e-mail from Amazon saying that I will get my PS4 on release day. So a month after general release of the game. Plenty of time to fix any bugs on release, I hope :)

Back
Top Bottom