Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Battlefield 4

This is going to be better than battlefield 3. development started at the same for Bf3 and Bf4, using similar tech, with Bf3 being designed for current gen consoles and bf4 being designed around new gen, or higher end PC's anyway. Which is great if you have a PC, always got the feeling the scale an ambition of the game was held back because of the need to make them work on Xbox and PS3. Bf4 could basically be the same game as Bf3 but sort of "now we're showing you what we can really do with this frostbite engine" and because it's been in development so long hopefully the glitches and bugs aren't as bad, but this is EA so y'know....

Tbh I'd be happy with them not doing much to the graphical look but allowing full scenery destruction for each map rather than selected bits...

Graphically yes. Also 66 players (two for commander), more vehicles and bigger maps.

Ah, I wasn't being very clear...I meant the current gen versions of BF4 won't be much different from BF3? 16 players, similar graphics and that?

It's all getting rather serious isn't it? I get the feeling they're giving players too much to look at at once. It was difficult enough keeping up with things as it was, now I have to look at my bloody iPad too?! Still...an excuse to actually use my iPad for something. If only the Wii U game pad could do something similar...

You don't have to use the feature, of course. But I do like the idea of a total map overview. Especially if you're a squad leader.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the sound of it/the idea of it all, sounds very immersive and realistic. But these days I'm finding myself drawn to simpler games (like Pikmin 3 as from today) 'cos I can just sit back and enjoy a nice paced game. I used to play BF3 religiously but I was starting to dislike the level of play time I was clocking up every day. Nice to have a game you can pick up and play for 20 mins, turn off, fuck off to do something else and not feel like I have to sit and play for hours to clock up kills etc.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the sound of it/the idea of it all, sounds very immersive and realistic. But these days I'm finding myself drawn to simpler games (like Pikmin 3 as from today) 'cos I can just sit back and enjoy a nice paced game. I used to play BF3 religiously but I was starting to dislike the level of play time I was clocking up every day. Nice to have a game you can pick up and play for 20 mins, turn off, fuck off to do something else and not feel like I have to sit and play for hours to clock up kills etc.

I'm the opposite. I love the immersion and persistence needed. It's x10 more enjoyable when playing with people I know though. I can find it tedious when I play on my own. Maps I enjoy playing with a squad become a burden when playing with randoms. I tend to stick to Team Deathmatch or Domination as it's more run and gun on smaller maps and no real need for teamwork. That way I can play a round of TDM to get my fix without frustration and then hop off.

But a long Rush or Conquest match with 3 other friends can be epic. Especially when we are the tide turners. So many games have been won by just us kicking serious arse :)

It's all getting rather serious isn't it? I get the feeling they're giving players too much to look at at once. It was difficult enough keeping up with things as it was, now I have to look at my bloody iPad too?! Still...an excuse to actually use my iPad for something. If only the Wii U game pad could do something similar...

Yeah but imagine how cool it'll be when Google Glass gets Battlefield 4 integration. ;)

Just pre-ordered the Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe.

I gave away my alpha invite :facepalm:

Well I'll be getting it for the PC... I am thinking of getting a PS4 but I hate MPFPS games on consoles. Can't beat the mouse for that.

Im not going to lie, but I want this. More than any other game....

But what are me usual playing partners planning to do? Buy on xbox 360, or wait for new xbox/playstation and buy it for that.

TitanSound be my guide!

Back
Top Bottom