Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

bands with really annoying names

The Ting Tings - you what?

Any band that has ever played the Walthamstow Standard ever.

Haggadah :(

Do you remember some of the fucking awful names from grunge and britpop?

Candlebox - deep guys, you're like, a big box of candles. yeah, groovy.
Marion - c'mon, you can do better than that.
Northern Uproar - ironically caused nothing but apathy north of watford and only sneering south of it.
Pearl Jam - it's really hard to be taken seriously when you've named yourself after a teenage euphemism for manjuice.

Candlebox - deep guys, you're like, a big box of candles. yeah, groovy.
Marion - c'mon, you can do better than that.
Northern Uproar - ironically caused nothing but apathy north of watford and only sneering south of it.

PMSLOLZ!! :D

Actually I quite liked the first Candlebox record. But I agree...rubbish name.

Come to mention it I liked Marion too. But still, pants name.

That is a classic hair metal poodle rock name though - you must admit it's totally fit for purpose :D

Like TygerTailz.

Lets you know exactly what you're getting.

Have you ever seen VH1's Def leppard: The Movie? truly brilliant in its awfulness. My favourite bit is one of them driving through what looks like the Arizona desert, but the roadsigns say something along the lines of:

London: 50m
Manchester 70m

G-Unit

handjob.gif

What about all the shitty early 90s UK indie bands with names that consisted seemingly of a random number and a random word - the Drop 19s, Shed 7, 18 Wheeler, etc. :mad:

runrig - the first band name i ever had a strong negative reaction to
the presets
the faders
rosie and the gold bug
simply red

there's so many....

Toploader - Name explanation from their wiki page -(Their name refers to a person making a joint and putting most of the drug near the front end of the spliff, which he will then light)..........................Christ must've been a wild night when they came up with that one :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom