Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bands with geographically misleading names

The Zutons can't be from Zuton as there isn't a planet Zuton. Sounds like a made up name to me

If they were, they'd be The Zutonians surely?

Fair point, well made

Barely six thirty in the a. m. And this day is already going down the shitter

You can fuck off it you think I'm letting this one slide matey - The Mekonians, however, would be fine
The Mekons? Not from northern, or southern Venus.

Make me look like a cunt at half past fucking six, barely woken up

The Spiders from Mars were from various parts of the UK.

And Calexico are from Tuscon.

Nazareth are from Scotland.

Last edited:
Not so much geographically misleading but the name "Chumbawamba" always led me to believe they were were some African world music act you'd more likely see at WOMAD rather than who I eventually discovered to be the peddlers of lad twattery anthem 'Tubthumping'

Also for some reason I always thought 'Fairport Convention' were named after some folk festival/convention in a place called Fairport. Wrong again.

Even more weirdly, for ages I thought 'Del Amitri' was the name of some black singer. I'm not entirely sure why tbh.

Also for some reason I always thought 'Fairport Convention' were named after some folk festival/convention in a place called Fairport. Wrong again.

Even more weirdly, for ages I thought 'Del Amitri' was the name of some black singer. I'm not entirely sure why tbh.

I thought much the same until I read your post - never gave either name much thought, I think I vaguely pictured Fairport Convention as some kind of folk festival or an agreement among folk bands akin to the Geneva Convention

Back
Top Bottom