Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Away to Bowers

Given the drinks the new keeper seems to be named after, the performance seems to suggest that the team has been overdosed on his surname whilst the fans are going to require several shots of his forename.

Just had a quick glance at P&B results so far this season and it’s definitely a case of that old cliché, “They were in a false position at the bottom of the table”. They’ve beaten ‘Ricay and had narrow defeats against other high flying clubs, Lewes & Potters Bar. Genuinely believe that no team is going to in for a easy ride based on quality of players alone, it’s going to be attitude that cracks this division.

We after last weeks best game in ages this was the worst first half in ages. The ingredients were all there. Plastic pitch,, complacency after last week and a fired up home team trying to take down a "bigger" team. The passed through us quite easily and won all the 50 50s. The 2nd goal was a good run but each time the ball went near our goal in first 30 mins it went in. Difficult to see the detail of the 3rd and 4th as we were behind the other goal but they looked soft.

It also must be said that nothing went our way and bizzare decisions from officials. It appeared their goalie carried the ball over the line when it was 0 v 0, goal ruled out for offside although it was pulled back and hitting the bar. Our goal near the end was a strange own goal.

Our midfield, so good last week looked porous and Hand was taken off after about 25 mins. Missed Jeffrey and Wanadio was unusually quiet.

Need a response on Tuesday at Chichester. After todays results the league looks wide open. I see after today we have played 8 and both scored and conceded 19 goals. Averaging about 2.5 for us and them each. Exciting for the neutral but we need German back

I'm very glad I gave today a swerve. At my time of life I don't feel the need to make any more trips than absolutely necessary to dull Essex towns, so opted for a Kent County League tick at Cuxton instead, which was an enjoyable day out in the early autumn sunshine. If we were a bit more reliable on the pitch I'd show a bit more dedication, but I've done my years of service through thick and thin. (Every single game home and away in a season when we were relegated by a mile.) I'll be at Chichester on Tuesday though, for the tick and a few beers, and hopefully a big 3 points.

I'm very glad I gave today a swerve. At my time of life I don't feel the need to make any more trips than absolutely necessary to dull Essex towns, so opted for a Kent County League tick at Cuxton instead, which was an enjoyable day out in the early autumn sunshine. If we were a bit more reliable on the pitch I'd show a bit more dedication, but I've done my years of service through thick and thin. (Every single game home and away in a season when we were relegated by a mile.) I'll be at Chichester on Tuesday though, for the tick and a few beers, and hopefully a big 3 points.

Cuxton?

When you could have sampled the delights of Blairs on the other side of town? Charning.....

another unbelievable result. They are a genuine pub team with a tenth of our resources.

Keeper sounds like he's made an absolute Horlicks of that one
Clearly you weren’t there because the keeper was the least of our problems. Had no chance with any of the goals.
And no team is a ‘pub team” especially when they come from a town with no pubs.
As 2 of their players have appeared for us, that must make us one as well.

Back
Top Bottom