Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Whitehawk away 21 October 2023

Pics!

In photos: late Whitehawk equaliser heartbreak for Dulwich Hamlet, Sat 21st Oct 2023

In photos: late Whitehawk equaliser heartbreak for Dulwich Hamlet, Sat 21st Oct 2023

Oh I miss that man so much. If you get prior warning what game he's coming to, please let me know.

In case you missed it, Max captured Dave apparently meeting the Whitehawk mascot!

1697988147673.png

Pics!

Good to meet you. I was on the Marble Stout in the Evening Star (the other of my two main locals) prior to Bierhaus. I assume you didn't try the 10.1% whiskey barrel aged chili stout on keg there? It's absolutely disgusting (even the bar staff, knowing I love strong stouts, warned me off) - I don't know how they 'barrel aged' it but it tasted like paint stripper :(
I like traditional or imperial stouts, but won't touch anything with chili, tonka etc. (or the coconut and vanilla one I accidentally bought without realising at the Bier Haus!) so no, I didn't have that.

I bailed on Bierhaus just as the last seat got filled by a rugby fan. Clearly none of them had set foot in the pub before. Five different rugby fans arriving in a 15 minute period asked if they did Guinness, then when the staff described the different stout options available, looked blankly before ordering a lager (or in one case, a pint of cranberry juice) instead! That tells me all I need to know about rugby fans.
Bloody amateurs! 😂

Back
Top Bottom