Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Australian heat waves & bushfires

I haven't the faintest idea of what's possible, but thought this was interesting.

We have to help each other mourn for what we all love and are losing day by day. But it is not too late to seek solutions from First Nations people who, if you care to ask, know how to do cultural burning to keep the fuel load down, and know where and when to do them.

Ask the First Nations people who are on the frontline on the south coast, like the Yuin crew of the Wreck Bay RFS, who fought blazes out the back of my home town for days over Christmas, and ask the others who are cooking meals, evacuating elders and opening their doors to people who have nowhere else to go.

Also, pyrogenic lightning. :(

And pyrocumulonimbus no not heard of that one either :(

A number of devastating wildfires occurred in southeast Australia on 7 February 2009, colloquially known as Black Saturday. Atmospheric responses to this extreme fire event are investigated here with a focus on convective processes associated with fire activity (i.e., pyroconvection). We examine six different fire complexes on Black Saturday, finding three clearly distinct pyrocumulonimbus storms, the largest of which reached heights of 15 km on that day and generated hundreds of lightning strokes. The first lightning stroke was recorded near the largest fire complex 5 h after fire ignition. One of the pyrocumulonimbus storms was initiated close to midnight due to mesoscale influences, consistent with extreme fire behavior observed at that time for that particular fire.

What is the political response abroad? Has anyone offered anything?

Just don't understand the paltry international response to such a disaster.

Even just good will messages. Or a fucking honest conversation.

What is the political response abroad? Has anyone offered anything?

Just don't understand the paltry international response to such a disaster.

Even just good will messages. Or a fucking honest conversation.

As previously mentioned on this thread, New Zealand and Canada were in there before Christmas.
Canada is sending more.

The States are making a big production over how they may go and help.

There are supposed to be some ties between the UK and Aus. I haven't really seen any signs of fucks given by those who (over here in Britain) claim there is when it suits them.

Back
Top Bottom