Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arsenal FC Season 2017/18 - FA Cup Holders - The Road To Europa League Glory

Silverware is still a bit distant. There are still a lot of good teams left in the Europa cup & need to get through the second leg first.
I don't think you'll have any problem with the second leg but you are right in that there are some very difficult teams especially Athletico . Dortmund were surpringly beaten at home .

Solid 3-0 today against Watford. Watford came out fighting in the second half but a goal on the counter and immediately after Cech saving a penalty knocked the stuffing out of them

Something really special from Wellbeck tonight
dive2.gif

As a football fan surely you should want your team to win every game. I remember hearing Danny Baker says once that true football fans not only want to see their team win every game but they also want to see every other team lose. Obviously there's a dodgy logic there but I get what he means.

Apart from the top 4 teams....that's where we should be...don't lower your expectations.
perhaps you haven't followed e.g. spurs' shit seasons. or liverpool's. or chelsea's. or indeed manchester united who have of course been relegated in living memory, not to mention finishing seventh the other year. or man city's. you don't need to be a city fan to recall that day in the 1990s when they were relegated. arsenal haven't finished below 6th in the past 20 years, and i don't believe you can say that of any other team in the premiership.

As a football fan surely you should want your team to win every game. I remember hearing Danny Baker says once that true football fans not only want to see their team win every game but they also want to see every other team lose. Obviously there's a dodgy logic there but I get what he means.
expectation is tempered by experience so while i may want arsenal to win every game, i know that the wrexhams of this world, if not the man citys or man utds, pop up more frequently than i might desire.

Stadium looks very empty and sounds very quiet today :hmm:

#wengerout?

Is this the same Arsenal who haven't been relegated from the top flight since their elevation in 1917, longer than any other club, have been in Europe for more than 20 consecutive seasons and haven't finished outside the top 6 since George Graham's final season?

Is this the same Arsenal who haven't been relegated from the top flight since their elevation in 1917, longer than any other club, have been in Europe for more than 20 consecutive seasons and haven't finished outside the top 6 since George Graham's final season?
That's the one ;)

Back
Top Bottom