Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Argos staff Christmas bonus cut by boss caught singing 'We're In The Money'

editor

hiraethified
0_Sainsburys-boss-pay.jpg

Another fucking greedy cunt.

The millionaire boss caught on camera singing “We’re in the money” has halved Argos staff’s Christmas bonus to just £5.

Workers used to get £10 towards a seasonal bash before a takeover by Sainsbury’s – headed by Mike Coupe.

He was mocked after singing the 42nd Street ditty before an interview about a possible Sainsbury’s-Argos merger. Argos’ 16,000 sales staff earn a typical £11,931 a year.

That contrasts with the £3.9million package Mr Coupe pocketed after his bonus soared to £593,000.

Staff were told their bonus was cut to match Sainsbury’s, which bought Argos for £1.4billion in 2016.
Argos staff Christmas bonus cut by boss caught singing 'We're In The Money'

10 quid isn't a bonus, its less than a decent takeaway.

5 quid is an affront to human dignity.

Absolute mega-cunt of the highest order and I'm wondering at what stage people are just going to start kneecapping these cheeky rich fucks.

Suspect Sainsbury's/Argos will be gone in a few years. One squeezed by Tesco/Lidl/Aldi and the other sort of irrelevant in the age of Amazon.

Getting flashbacks to the time redundancies were announced at my company by MD who had just showed up in a brand new Merc.

They should put him in stocks and allow workers to spend that generous £5 bonus on things in Sainsbury's they can pelt him with. Are they still doing 9p beans?

Clumps of mud would be free and environmentally friendly.

Suspect Sainsbury's/Argos will be gone in a few years. One squeezed by Tesco/Lidl/Aldi and the other sort of irrelevant in the age of Amazon.

Sainsbury's are always mysteriously successful. Still the second biggest supermarket chain IIRC, despite being both more expensive and worse than any of its rivals. I agree that buying Argos was a shit move though.

Sainsbury's are always mysteriously successful. Still the second biggest supermarket chain IIRC, despite being both more expensive and worse than any of its rivals. I agree that buying Argos was a shit move though.

Very expensive, and not all that good. Their pastrami is amongst the best, though. For a while, Aldi seemed to do exactly the same pastrami (looked to be manufactured to exactly the same spec, possibly by the same manufacturer...) at over a quid cheaper, but they lowered their game recently and went to a thicker cut.

Back
Top Bottom