Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are You "Anyone But England"?

It's odd that you care so much about the cricket. Most cricket fans who support England don't mind if India win as long as the game is played well. It's nothing like the football supporters at all.
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at tbh. ABE can apply to any sport, and what England cricket fans do or don't do is incidental.

If there's a cricket match being played between India and Pakistan, I am usually neutral and enjoy the match and may the best team win. If England are playing Pakistan, I'll be rooting for Pakistan, that doesn't mean that I won't acknowledge a good performance by England, I'll just prefer that Pakistan play well and win. Again not sure why this should wind Lundoners up so much. I can support whoever I wish to support and anyone that doesn't like that can jog on.

Speaking of cricket, yesterday was the 50th anniversary of Sobers hitting Malcolm Nash for six sixes. It also happened on at least one other occasion which was a moment of ABE joy...

..."I wouldn't wind Yuvraj up if I were you" ...lol

Keeping my fingers crossed that India bowl well and restrict Englands second innings today, however I'm not optimistic.

lol, wow, check out that sample size of a single Plastic Padraig in support of the tree lions. Not a single ABE has said that Gareth Southgate or Raheem Sterling are personally "accountable for past transgressions", that's just another strawman that you've pulled out of your arse.

Now who's talking utter gobshite (pot meet kettle). Yeah, sure, I'm as bitter as Larry, or as Mr Partridge might sing..."I'm stupidly bitter"...and all this despite the spectacular ABE world cup win. Woe is me. :( ( ;) )

What have you got against the Irish you weirdo? Plastic paddy, tree lions, that stuff. Bit racist really.

Last edited:
What have you got against the Irish you weirdo? Plastic paddy, tree lines, that stuff. Bit racist really.
Who said I had anything against the /ˈaɪərɪʃ/? If they were playing England now I'd be rooting for them. All these attempts at getting the "racist" tag to stick are rather weak and feeble don't you think? OP tried his luck earlier in this thread, and the dragon fella also tried it in another thread. Desperate time, desperate measures I suppose. :rolleyes:

Who said I had anything against the /ˈaɪərɪʃ/? If they were playing England now I'd be rooting for them. All these attempts at getting the "racist" tag to stick are rather weak and feeble don't you think? OP tried his luck earlier in this thread, and the dragon fella also tried it in another thread. Desperate time, desperate measures I suppose. :rolleyes:
You're bored, aren't you? So you thought you'd come and stir it up a bit on Urban.

Figures.

Four people (by your own admission) have called you out for being a racist. I don't think that label needs much glue.

Why are you writing Irish like that. Seriously what’s wrong with you?

Look up the definition of racist. Then come back and explain how singling people out in a negative manner based purely on where they were born doesn't fit the definition.

Then fuck off.

I used to think ABE was a reasonable & principled position to take. I guess it's still possible, but I've not seen any of that in this thread.
It is as reasonable a position as any other type of national sporting team support. Not sure about the "principled" bit though.

It used to be fun. I mind when we watched England v Germany at the World Cup a few years ago in the front bar of the royal- Stromness, Orkney- we had cock shaped England flag biscuits at half time and everyone there, whether they supported England or Germany had a great time, in fact that day went down in the history of best ever Super Sundays in Stromness(a term borrowed from footie but took a life of its own here, expect your fave reggae and soul tracks on the jukebox and yes we will put 10+ quid in there to rid the pub of country and ACDC)

I can only speak from being in Scotland but during the Indy ref it became unpopular to indulge in the ABE stuff, and then brexit happened and I think largely middle class wankers have appropriated the sentiment and gone hell for leather, leading me, who loves a bit of sport nationalism, to start singing IT’S COMING HOME last World Cup.

Maybe I’m too rural, had ABE always been that ugly? I’ve never had a problem with it prior to recently and still to this day despite the saltire shit with yes that gees me the boak I wouldn’t mind indulging in it for sport.

Late post, sprung from cantsins Anarcho-patriot stuff but didn’t want to derail that thread any further. I love a bit of sport patriotism in short but political cunts need to actually just stay away from it entirely.

Back
Top Bottom