Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are You "Anyone But England"?

It used to be fun. I mind when we watched England v Germany at the World Cup a few years ago in the front bar of the royal- Stromness, Orkney- we had cock shaped England flag biscuits at half time and everyone there, whether they supported England or Germany had a great time, in fact that day went down in the history of best ever Super Sundays in Stromness(a term borrowed from footie but took a life of its own here, expect your fave reggae and soul tracks on the jukebox and yes we will put 10+ quid in there to rid the pub of country and ACDC)

I can only speak from being in Scotland but during the Indy ref it became unpopular to indulge in the ABE stuff, and then brexit happened and I think largely middle class wankers have appropriated the sentiment and gone hell for leather, leading me, who loves a bit of sport nationalism, to start singing IT’S COMING HOME last World Cup.

Maybe I’m too rural, had ABE always been that ugly? I’ve never had a problem with it prior to recently and still to this day despite the saltire shit with yes that gees me the boak I wouldn’t mind indulging in it for sport.

Late post, sprung from cantsins Anarcho-patriot stuff but didn’t want to derail that thread any further. I love a bit of sport patriotism in short but political cunts need to actually just stay away from it entirely.

I don't know, it's been around for a while but maybe there's a bit more of it. It's the sheer humourlessness of some of it isn't it? It's fine to support Anyone But England tbh but do it with some degree of humour and a sense of perspective ffs. Even Australians generally manage that and they're Australian!;)

Indeed, not a good look to be seem to be mirroring the pompousness of the pretentious Germanic pricks who think they're somehow entitled to win everything as of divine right. "30 years of hurt" etc. etc. :facepalm:

Indeed, not a good look to be seem to be mirroring the pompousness of the pretentious Germanic pricks who think they're somehow entitled to win everything as of divine right. "30 years of hurt" etc. etc. :facepalm:

Isn’t that the whole point of competitive sport though? BELIEVE!

Back
Top Bottom