Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Apparently I no longer have an NHS dentist

And so going forth have no other option than to go private. I’m furious. And this will be coming to you also if it hasn’t already.

Yeah, this happened to me during the covid years, had been with them for over 10 years, and suddenly dropped just like that.

And, there's no bloody NHS dentists accepting new patients anywhere in the county.

Been with my dentist here in East London since 1971.

He retired the other year so his daughter now looks after me.

All NHS.

Had a bad back tooth the other month, rang up and got an appointment the next day. Just take the damn thing out I said. Crunch! and it was gone. Repulsive looking thing. :(

I've still got my NHS dentist as far as I know, but this thread has me wanting to make an appointment just to be sure.

Apparently it's been decided that healthy teeth are just a luxury. :rolleyes:

For real? Obviously the NHS is next for these hawks. Where’s the Baader-Meinhoff group when you need them.

Funny enough it was basically a free market before Labour introduced the current NHS dental contract back in 2006, and the service slowly started to go down hill after that, and rapidly speeded-up after covid hit, and the current government has done fuck all to resolve the situation.

During Covid my London NHS dentists were worse than useless.
They weren’t great before Covid to be honest (missed my Welsh dental practice).

Ended up going private.
It's costing me but in all honesty I feel it’s worth it. No one is happy at spending money but I’m fortunate enough to earn enough to afford it so spend it I will.

I hear your pain.

I need the attention of my dentist soon, haven't used them since before covid so perhaps 2019 or 2020.

Am worried when I call they may say "who, nope not registered here sorry ..

Only one way to find out..

I drive to the other side of Manchester as I saw a post on Reddit where a dentist was accepting NHS patients. Despite the ball ache, I still consider myself lucky.

Yes, same for me since last year.

I've been going to the same place for over 20 years, it was originally part of the Whitecross group but has had an individual owner for some years.
They have had some private patient dentists as well as NHS but the number slowly decreased and now there's none.
I see the same dentist I've had for a while but I have to pay more. They do run a plan to cover different levels of treatment if you make a monthly payment - not decided whether to do or not yet.

It really is unfair to people with a low income that there are so few NHS dentists now 🙁

Mine went private years ago, I went in for a checkup and they told me that they were going private in a few months and I could either join Denplan or sling my hook. NHS dentists are rare as hell these days

Yeah lost mine a few years ago. Family still have NHS fortunately. I pay about £15 a month for two check ups and one scale and polish a year.

The actual fillings and other bits aren't that much more than the NHS prices.

We have an alleged nhs dentist 150m from my door, for about 7 years. They do one morning and one afternoon a week. I strongly suspect the attached flat in a desirable area was the primary driver of it opening. Especially since I am stil waiting and they look rather empty.

Back
Top Bottom