Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

anyone back from glastonbury yet, or not?

I think I'll leave it to Aqua to tell you.

(true - it was fucking funny. :D One of those priceless moments for which you don't need mastercard :D )

Stanley Edwards said:
Sounds like one of those 'classic' years that people will be talking about forever. And, you were there :cool:

I remember one year (possibly 85/86?) when it absolutely bucketed down on Friday and Saturday. Took Three days to get all the cars and vans off site. Knee deep swamp of mud and overflowing portaloos in places. Mights as well have cacked and pissed yourself for all the difference it would make :D

I remember that, I think it was the first very bad year for mud, but heck there wasn't nearly as many people to churn it up, back in those days.

max_freakout said:
they SAID they'd done something to improve the drainage for this year but i think they were talking bullshit, the mud was flowing from yesterday

max, it's a farm. In the countryside. With 200,000 people and dozens of land rovers/farm vehicles tramping/driving over it in the pissing rain.

What exactly would you like 'them' to do about it?

ETA: the improvements made would have been to drainage from Pennards Hill to prevent the near fatalities that occurred when it flooded in 2005. They can't really do much about the equation water + soil + thousands of people walking all over it = mud. This is flaming obvious and tbh if you were daft enough to turn up for a weekend in the country without proper footwear then that's your own lookout.

haylz said:
im defo going , no more lame excuses from me.....:D

nor me, i have a bit of cash coming my way next year, just hope i can get a ticket! im going, even if it means me and my tent and a plastic skiff for the pear cider! :D

oh, and not forgetting my wellies

Dovydaitis said:
nor me, i have a bit of cash coming my way next year, just hope i can get a ticket! im going, even if it means me and my tent and a plastic skiff for the pear cider! :D

oh, and not forgetting my wellies

You forgot wet wipes....:D

Even though ive yet to make it there, they are the first thing i think of taking when im dreaming of going there:D

JTG said:
They can't really do much about the equation water + soil + thousands of people walking all over it = mud. This is flaming obvious and tbh if you were daft enough to turn up for a weekend in the country without proper footwear then that's your own lookout.

Tarmac Glastonbury now! :p

mikeinworthing said:
I remember that, I think it was the first very bad year for mud, but heck there wasn't nearly as many people to churn it up, back in those days.

Yep, I was at that one. Had to leave me boots behind stuck in some mud.

Then there was the year before, or after (eighties anyway) when the sun was so powerful all weekend, water was in short supply and my nose turned into a lump of plastic.

Watched it this year on the TV and I thought The Who were fucking brilliant.

Townsend didn't play a note wrong and Daltry's voice stayed strong till the end.

Certainly no "pub rock" as someone has described their music on here. :rolleyes:

I would go further and say no "pub rock" band (even ATOMIC SUPLEX :D ) could ever get people's attention forty years on from when they first started and get the response like The Who did this year, in an open air festival with the rain pissing down.

haylz said:
You forgot wet wipes....:D

Even though ive yet to make it there, they are the first thing i think of taking when im dreaming of going there:D

i knew there was something! ill go to makro and buy in bulk! :D
failing that, ill nick a load of yours!:p

haylz said:
No probs, i'll bring an urban load and sell them to all of you that forgot:D

ahh, me smells a deal partnership!!! you do one sode of the capmsite, i do the other. meet at the bar with pots of cash! free weekend! :D

Dovydaitis said:
ahh, me smells a deal partnership!!! you do one sode of the capmsite, i do the other. meet at the bar with pots of cash! free weekend! :D

sounds good to me mate;) :D

what about disposable pants ?

you think theres a need???:D

My smalls couldnt and wouldnt forgive me if I didnt come.
I have however said Im gonna take the caravan and insist on having a mud free patch of grass to take my wellies off in and a clean loo to use:oops:
Ok so Im a wuss

LilMissHissyFit said:
My smalls couldnt and wouldnt forgive me if I didnt come.
I have however said Im gonna take the caravan and insist on having a mud free patch of grass to take my wellies off in and a clean loo to use:oops:
Ok so Im a wuss

God knows how lightbulb will cope with the mud, he has hygene OCD :D

I'd only come if there was a really nice caravan with a power shower and a flushing loo :D

And if it was held in August with guaranteed sunshine :D

That was awsome

Far and away the best glasto yet in spite of the fact that I lost more than £100 worth of drugs and it being horrendously muddy. In fact it was probably the most liberating (not to mention fun) experience of my life. With each glasto I go to I seem to realise how much I've grown as a person since the last one. :)

haylz said:
sounds good to me mate;) :D

what about disposable pants ?

you think theres a need???:D

maybe!
*gets thinking head on*

(and just spotted all the spelling mistakes on last post! :D

MC5 said:
Certainly no "pub rock" as someone has described their music on here. :rolleyes:

You're assuming that all pub rock has to be shit. Pub rock can be rocking, you know :)

Although the Who bore me to the very brink of insanity, always have, always will. Theirs is the broken white line of MOR music.

May Kasahara said:
You're assuming that all pub rock has to be shit. Pub rock can be rocking, you know :)

Although the Who bore me to the very brink of insanity, always have, always will. Theirs is the broken white line of MOR music.

Once being in a pub rock band meself I would never state that "all pub rock has to be is shit". :D

Back
Top Bottom