Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

anti-bike policy at Waitrose, St. Kathrine's Docks

The OP came down like a wolf in the cold .
And in Waitrose store his bike he won’t fold.
And the sheen on his Lycra resembled fine lard
But he got rightly fucked off by the security guard…

His language was something like straight outa Compton .
‘Piss off vile peasant cos my bike’s a Brompton’.
And he logged on to Urban to share his big whinge.
Because he was entitled as his bike had a hinge.

(Apologies to Byron- although that’ll teach him for charging £16 for a cheese burger…)

Surely that’s 95% certain to be a písstake. But if it isn’t, what is it warning about? Criminal gangs on Bromptons, or gangs targeting people riding Bromptons? Difficult to tell nowadays.

Been thinking of getting a folding bike.. the BTWIN 500 seems to be the best of the cheap bunch..

20 Inch FOLDING BIKE btwin 500

Didn't realise there were so many options with Bromptons... has anyone got one with the low or mid handlebars.. Also I understand that its best to carry luggage on the front of them..

Been thinking of getting a folding bike.. the BTWIN 500 seems to be the best of the cheap bunch..

20 Inch FOLDING BIKE btwin 500

Didn't realise there were so many options with Bromptons... has anyone got one with the low or mid handlebars.. Also I understand that its best to carry luggage on the front of them..
I'm also interested in this. Would help with some of the longer walks for work but also a bit of exercise; I've never got a bike because of the impossibility of where to store it. This changes that.

Bromptons even do electric bikes now. Even used ones hold there price.....because they are so good
Given that TFL has a ban on electric scooters and unicycles due to their fire risk, I wonder if they might extend the ban to electric Bromptons if they become commonplace?

Given that TFL has a ban on electric scooters and unicycles due to their fire risk, I wonder if they might extend the ban to electric Bromptons if they become commonplace?
TFL policy only mentions electric scooters and not electric bikes. Bikes have restrictions for other reasons but not because they're electric afaics.

For that very reason, I suspect the battery and electrical components of an electric Brompton will be far more reliable and safe than your average £250 electric scooter made by fuck-knows-who in a country with a more lax approach to safety.

tbf use of personal electric scooters are illegal in all but the most unlikely situations, so maybe that's part of the reason for TfL not wanting to encourage their use.

Back
Top Bottom